Do you hear that? Quiet. It’s nice, isn’t it. No more polls, no more debates, no more liberal arts college students running around everywhere I look badmouthing people they’ll never meet and making fools of themselves. It’s been over long enough that even the fliers and signs are gone too.

It’s over. We’ve elected our next president. And I’m glad. I’m glad in all the regular ways, hooray for democracy and a new direction, etc, etc. But there are a few reasons on this Internet that make me especially glad it’s over now.

1) No more videos like this.2) No more videos like this.

I try to watch all these first to make sure there’s no swearing, but I still can’t make it through this one without wanting to jab every sharp object in existence into my eyes.

You know what? That’s it. I had five planned, but I think I’ve made my case. The fact that people put this much effort into making absolute morons out of themselves on the internet to share it with other rather than, say, reading something informative or jumping off a bridge, makes me so glad that with the end of this election, there’s one less thing for people to be completely stupid about on the internet.

Ha. Ha. Yeah. Right.

6 Responses to “Five reasons I’m glad the election’s over.”

1. on 19 Nov 2008 at 7:07 pm alex

So, is it safe to assume you were displeased with the outcome of this election? ”
    …liberal arts college students running around everywhere I look badmouthing people they’ll never meet and making fools of themselves.”
    If I may politely disagree, Karen. The vast majority of us won this election through intelligent, thoughtful discourse of the crises this nation faces due to the incredible, and consistent, incompetence of George W. Bush and the GOP as a whole, and the desire to change the direction (and our standing in the world) for the better.
    If you are truly so glad this election is over, why bring it up now?

2. on 19 Nov 2008 at 7:31 pm Gymnanin

I was able to make it through the 2nd one, but I didn’t even make it halfway through the first.

“Be heeeeeewd, be votin'”

3. on 21 Nov 2008 at 10:07 am The Handyguys

There are just sooo many things wrong with that second video I don’t even know where to begin so I wont. I cant play the first one for some reason.

4. on 21 Nov 2008 at 3:51 pm CheeseDuck

Oh god. That was horrible.

5. on 23 Nov 2008 at 3:12 am mack

I m looking forward to next update!
    good!

6. on 25 Nov 2008 at 3:28 pm Karen

Sigh, alright, alex, I’ll bite. But first, do me a favor. Glance up on this page, to the top. Saynotocrack.com, complete with toilet humor logo. This is not a political commentary site. It is a silly humor site.

No, I’m not displeased with this outcome, but I am very, very displeased with those videos.

Seriously man. Did you watch them? it’s like visual poison. I tried to find an equal-time pro-McCain rap, and they don’t exist, so that’s what you get.

And I only brought it up now because only now are midterms finally over and do I have time to write anything.

That was my serious response. Here’s the response I’m happier with:

Alex, you have to pick your battlefronts. SNTC is probably the worst place to argue politics and the best place to make a fool out of yourself arguing politics.

We have a whole tag devoted to toilet humor. Your agenda does not belong. You want debate, go back to the comments section on the news blogs.