What is this?

My well-thought-out and timely update will have to wait – I need answers today. I need answers now.

I’m sure you’re all familiar with the PC versus MAC ads that won’t shut up no matter how hard we wish. Well, Microsoft has answered…

…sort of?

What is this? It’s…well, it’s Bill Gates. And…Jerry Seinfeld being remarkably un-funny. Outstandingly lame cake and planet jokes and no mention whatsoever of any actual microsoft computer technology.

And what’s with the look they give each other after Gates says, “Leather.” It’s like a code. I feel like I’ve just watched a front. Like, somewhere in the world, some super secret spy sees Gates and Seinfeld in this commercial and slowly nods his head, picking up the phone.

“Yes, I saw it.” he says. “At last. Thank you. The invasion may now begin.”

Or, alternatively, Microsoft is introducing a line of cakeputers. Either way, I am mystified.

9 Responses to “What is this?”

1. on 10 Sep 2008 at 4:14 pm Pete

I think it’s actually pretty funny, you see it makes Microsoft look human and clever and fun, though not TOO fun, not TOO clever just enough to have it at work. Not like that pretentious little play all Apple noooooo… Of course I say this as someone who is working on an Apple, services Windows machines and admins Unix and Linux systems, I could care less who’s winning the war, they’re all good choices as long as I don’t have to fix any more WinME machines or tell one more person how they have to replace their old OS 9 G3 I’m happy…

2. on 10 Sep 2008 at 6:40 pm fluffman86

mmm…cakeputers.

NOM.

3. on 10 Sep 2008 at 10:36 pm MaineGirl

PLeather – the shoes are plastic leather.

MS must be desperate to have to pay millions for a teaser.

*sigh*

MACGirl

4. on 11 Sep 2008 at 1:19 am MG

Yeah, I thought the same thing! I kept waiting for something to happen that was funny but it never did. It was, in a word, disappointing.

5. on 11 Sep 2008 at 8:54 am Gregory

I chuckled a little at the shoe stuff it was just so ridiculously stupid. But yeah? Mind-melding? Cakey computers? That’s just plain dumb. And no where there did I see anything that answered all of the claims made in the Mac ads.

6. on 11 Sep 2008 at 10:34 pm fershur

Yeah, this is one of the most forced commercials I have seen in a long time. It really had the potential to be funny but turned out being just what it was, two almost past middle aged men pretending to talk with each other and care.

Blehh!!

7. on 12 Sep 2008 at 10:01 pm kaka

This is cute

8. on 14 Sep 2008 at 3:24 am Pancake

I thought it was somewhat funny, but in a totally surreal sort of way. The “adjust your shorts” bit was hilarious.

There’s a new one, it at least explains why they are doing what they are doing. In that one. Not this one.

9. on 01 Oct 2008 at 9:40 am james

actually there is new ones now. look up i’m a pc on youtube and you will find it.