Wiiiiiiiiiiii–*crash*

You know, I have a couple friends and family members working at different retail stores and they all have stories about people calling in at exactly opening time and asking for Wii’s. Wii’s!!

Me personally? I think it’s a fad. Yeah, woo, no dumb unaccessible game controller, a everyone-friendly remot–forgive me–wiimote to waggle around. Which i guess is cool.

But then they bring in all the Wiimote controllers like, the guitar and the nun chucks and…apparently, for some ill-inspired, completely bogus reason…a bat:

And that’s why the Wii won’t last. Not every mother is as easygoing as the one in that video (I’m shocked by her, actually).

Think twice before scrambling for that Wii Christmas present, people.

9 Responses to “Wiiiiiiiiiiii–*crash*”

1. on 22 Dec 2007 at 3:15 pm Finicky Penguin

The mother is crying inside.

2. on 22 Dec 2007 at 3:50 pm Tigerblade

What we don’t hear is the next part, after “it’s alright.” It actually goes something more like “it’s alright, you’re just sleeping in the garage until you’re 18.” or… “it’s alright, I’m just going to extract the cost of what you’ve broken from your weekly food supply.”

3. on 22 Dec 2007 at 8:05 pm Bradjward

Wii, a fad? No way! There is a good reason that they are STILL out of stock 58 weeks since it launched. Everyone wants one, and Nintendo can’t make enough of them.
    Definitely worth the broken TV.

4. on 22 Dec 2007 at 10:56 pm wb

Mom just realized she had “America’s Funniest Home Video” or a YouTube blockbuster. She saw dollar signs instead of a broken TV!

5. on 23 Dec 2007 at 12:35 am Gymnanin

Actually, the bat is just something to enhance the experience. They have tennis rackets and swords, too.
    And, I must agree with Bradjward. We stayed up at Wal-mart until midnight to get a Wii and were still playing at 5 AM, for good reason! If you have never experienced the awesome poweress of the Wii, then you are seriously missing out on something.

6. on 23 Dec 2007 at 12:57 am Replier

I love how the mother handled it, just the right way.
    </no sarcasm>

7. on 23 Dec 2007 at 3:15 pm Karen

I don’t know, Brad. I remember a time when Gigapets and Tamogachis (or however you spell them) were constantly out of stock too. And tickle-me-elmos. I think this might just be this year’s Christmas fad gift…not to say it’s not fun. Just…dag, man. That TV’s in shards.

8. on 23 Dec 2007 at 5:01 pm monkeypox

if that’s true, that would make it two christmases in a row of being a “fad”. there’s just more buzz this time around.

9. on 31 Dec 2007 at 4:20 am Claudio

Just another example of how careless people can be… The boy using the wiimote-bat with excessive strength (it’s useless to the game) and not wearing the strap (why did they put the strap, people? it’s reminded every time u start to play).
    The mom may be cool because she doesn’t take it hysterically, but I hope didn’t just ‘let it go’. Nobody teaches to be responsible and careful anymore. That’s why we are in the modern social mess we know.