Top 10 Pet Costumes

It’s October, and nearing that special time of year that kids of all ages dress up in ridiculous garb and beg money from kind strangers, then come home to worried parents rifling through their prizes for razors and poison. Good times, good times.

Unless, of course, you’re one of those poor creatures who do not pick out and dress up in costumes: those who are dressed up in costumes unwillingly. The pets.

I searched the internet for many many tens of minutes and for my efforts have compiled a collection of ten awesome pet costumes. Most are dogs, because they are big enough to dress up and also because cats tend to cooperate not much at all when it comes to costumes. Unless you’re planning on going as “person scratched all to heck.”

#10 – the hot dog.
meh
Cliche and predictable, yes, but nice execution and pretty dog.

#9 – Darth Pug
i find your lack of kibbles disturbing.
Honestly, I wouldn’t care for this as much if it wasn’t a pug. But it is a pug. Comedy genius.

#8 – Cat the Cat
hmm…
I can’t help but wonder if the owner has somehow missed the point of dressing up the cat. However, the fact that it looks totally miserable is so hilariou–OH MY LORD!!! THE EYES!! THE EYES THE EYES!! WHAT IN HEAVEN IS WRONG WITH ITS EYES!!?

#7 – Dragon
rawr
I just gotta give them props for dressing up a lizard. I mean, dang.

#6 – Dog Butt
haha butt
Is it wrong that a dog with a plastic butt should rank so high on the list. Probably.

Heehee…butt.

#5 – Too Cute
awwwwwWWWWWWWW!!!
Would you just look at that? That is so cute my heart stopped. I just want to put it in my pocket.

#4 – Top Cat
pip pip
Everything’s funnier in a top hat and oversized bowtie. But I think this costume is less what the cat is wearing, and more how he’s wearing it. He looks like he belongs in a top hat. I be he’s got a cane too.

#3 – Just…wrong.
real mature
I literally can’t look at this without laughing. Not sure if it qualifies as a “costume” since it’s painted on the cat, but I don’t care. Ah, me. Poor cat.

#2 – Croc Dog
crikey!
This is just straight up clever.

#1 – Going Completely Too Far, Lady. Too Far.
ouch.
This one…I just…words fail. Again, painted on the fur and less a real “costume,” but I gotta give the poor pooch credit for being the best sport in the world. What effort. What painstaking effort. Fur had to be grown out, trimmed just so, dyed just so….

There you have it folks. Be nice to your pets, people. Next time you think of dressing your animal up for fun…just think of creepy eye cat. *shudder*

Though if you do it anyway and the result is hilarious, shoot me an e-mail or something. I might post it.

Related Posts:

No results.

40 Responses to “Top 10 Pet Costumes”

1. on 16 Oct 2007 at 6:41 am Finicky Penguin

The cat is so…mesmerizing…

2. on 16 Oct 2007 at 7:04 am VE

Pet costumes? Welcome to pet hell! These pets must have been very bad in a former life to have to endure all of this.

3. [...] Check it out here… [...]

4. on 16 Oct 2007 at 1:17 pm moooooog35

I’m waiting for someone to dress their dog like a cat…where the dog then goes mentally insane trying to catch himself.

…don’t ask me how I know this.

5. on 16 Oct 2007 at 5:01 pm Laura Rohlfs

Have you ever tried to put any type of clothing item on a cat? They look so cute in the pictures, but I can’t imagine the drama that occured prior to the picture!

6. on 16 Oct 2007 at 6:17 pm Dan

Those pictures make me want to puke. Please, find all of the people who dress their pets up like this (Or who dress up their pets at ALL) and please report them to animal cruelty services. Thanks.

7. on 16 Oct 2007 at 7:24 pm Fiar

I’m with VE. The owners of these pets need to be locked up for life for animal cruelty, and that’s just me trying to be lenient. Hopefully the owners will endure a similar fate in Hell.

8. on 16 Oct 2007 at 9:06 pm Mr. Fabulous

And this, in a nutshell, is why there are pet psychiatrists.

9. on 16 Oct 2007 at 9:06 pm Luke

No one has said anything about the first cat looking like David Bowie? surprised.

10. on 17 Oct 2007 at 2:34 pm Erica

I remember seeing #3 before, and I think it is actually Photoshop…does that count?

11. on 17 Oct 2007 at 2:38 pm Karen

No, I don’t think it does count now; however, it DOES make me feel better about humanity.

12. on 17 Oct 2007 at 4:41 pm Rhea

I’ve been looking for a new Halloween costume for my pup. Thanks for the ideas.

13. on 17 Oct 2007 at 6:51 pm BOSSY

That’s nothing, Bossy is offering Wholesale Baby Doll costumes:

14. on 18 Oct 2007 at 10:24 pm diogenes

i’ve got a few of these in a folder on my computer and I look at them every now and then when I want a nice stupid giggle. #1 doesn’t hit me the same way . Seeing the owner there too changes my reaction. Something about that, whatever it is, makes me a little more disturbed that there is a living being in there under the masquerade. which is which? there is some unsettling similiarities to pre-teen beauty pageants .

but still,
    #6 and #5 I have in my folder of doggies, and they are up there with stretching a stuborn face into a grin.
    #8 is pretty and your comment makes it funny.

15. on 18 Oct 2007 at 10:31 pm diogenes

shoot.. I meant to say that I smile and have seen #9 darth pug, and not #6-the party butt dog. The party dog photo is to much a real type of thing someone is bound to see at a party. Come’on! a dog walkin around with a plasic human butt attached…”Let’s feed him/her beer!”

16. on 18 Oct 2007 at 10:45 pm diogenes

I cant stop, so sorry, but I do agree with your thoughts on #5. I would keep that little booger in my breast pocket and everytime I wanted to make a hi-lighted luminous glow of a point in the day-to-day grey skys of the stagnant mundane , I would state my business and clap my hands in signal, and #5 would hop out and onto my shoulder and do a little soft shoe stomp….

17. on 19 Oct 2007 at 7:14 pm MG

The cat really does fit that costume! He looks sooo debonair!

18. on 20 Oct 2007 at 2:03 pm scoopfeed

HAHA, first one is delicious hot dog….. nice post

19. on 21 Oct 2007 at 1:03 am Freakedoutfather

They were all completely p’ing me off (“Why do people like this stuff?” I asked myself) .. until I got to #2 and #1. Now I get it. I gotta get those outfits for my dog….

20. on 21 Oct 2007 at 8:27 pm GOD

wow just wow thats way to far #2 was to far but #1 thats…wow…just wow

21. on 22 Oct 2007 at 5:58 pm Marsha

This is great just good old fashion clean old fun! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job on having just a fun time with these pictures! SoSo CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. [...] From SayNoToCrack [...]

23. [...] people can be cruel, really really cruel. The humiliation….and that poor cat, whoa, wait a minute, look at the damn TMNT poodle. Well, [...]

24. on 25 Oct 2007 at 3:21 pm Herb

The #2 dog/croc thing is obviously fake. Look at the shadows from the dog compared to the croc.

25. on 26 Oct 2007 at 11:01 am Karen

Actually, the dude wandered around town with his dog like that. It was even in some local news I think. check out the story.

26. on 27 Oct 2007 at 2:25 pm Cutekitte

Yikes, my cats would kill me if I dressed them up like that. Or at least I better sleep with my mouth shut and check my shoes before putting them on, if you catch my drift.

27. on 30 Oct 2007 at 11:00 pm RJ45

While I am totally against the concept of dressing up your animals, you have to admit that Darth Pug is just way too cute for his/her own good.

28. on 04 Nov 2007 at 9:36 pm hm

#2 fake skin fake

29. on 05 Nov 2007 at 10:54 am Noddegamra

hahaha – thanks for posting the ninja turtle pic i emailed you about! :D

30. on 04 Dec 2007 at 2:44 pm Mops

Nice Pictures. I got a nice one of my pug on my Blog.
    Watch it!

31. on 07 Jan 2008 at 7:58 pm C~

#8 is hilarious…it’s a cat…dressed up as “Hello Kitty”. Too funny…do a search on Hello Kitty…you’ll see. The eyes are gorgeous…lots of white cats have different colored eyes. Genetic thing, I think.

#1…is just…wrong.

32. on 21 Jan 2008 at 9:44 pm nick

#3………GOD why paint a cat??????????????????????

33. on 21 Jan 2008 at 9:45 pm nick

why

34. on 07 Apr 2008 at 4:10 pm Dog Costume

#1 is plain wrong..

But some of the other one are funny haha.. the White Cat’s eyes are a bit freaky once you start staring into them :x

35. on 18 Jun 2008 at 11:31 pm Elson

I find your lack of kibbles disturbing

36. on 18 Jun 2008 at 11:36 pm Elson

yo

37. on 08 Dec 2008 at 9:49 pm reviews

Your site is a refreshing change from the majority of sites I have visited. When I first started visiting web sites I was excited by the potential of the internet as a resource and was very disappointed initially. You have restored my enthusiasm and I thank you for your efforts to share your insights and help the world become a better place.

38. on 06 Jan 2009 at 10:32 pm nick

#6 said yes to crack!!!

39. on 05 Apr 2010 at 4:11 am Michael

If you’ve ever been in Detroit, you probably already know that Coney Island hot dogs are the best.

40. on 30 Sep 2010 at 6:04 pm Sarah

These are hilarious! I recently found a video of pets in costumes, it is so funny to see how they act!