Everybody look out!

HE’S GOT A SKETCH!

Okay, so. The story basically is: a kid absent-mindedly draws a clumsy sketch that, when examined, resembles a gun. The kid is then, naturally, suspended because this drawing, beyond shadow of doubt, represents a threat

I’m not going to go into the politics of this one. I just think it’s completely hilarious that the kid got suspended for this:

watch out!

People. Were afraid. Of that.

I had no idea intimidating other was so easy! Of course! I don’t need weapons! Paper and pencil will be my weapons! And I will rule the world! Watch out people…

I have a bow and arrow!

twang

I have a sword!

clang!

Look out…it’s a wild cougar!!

roar!

Now watch as I rule the world with my….Killer ROBOT!

buzz!

And now I am just as dangerous as any doodling 13-year old! Muahahahaha!! Behold and tremble at my mad MS PAINT SKILLS!

20 Responses to “Everybody look out!”

1. on 19 Sep 2007 at 1:20 pm Jacques

That is ridiculous.

But you sent me to WND for that. now I have to take a shower.

2. on 19 Sep 2007 at 1:30 pm Al

Considering you’re using MS Paint I’m impressed in a nerdy kind of way.

3. on 19 Sep 2007 at 2:15 pm Lis

But I think it looks more like some kind of weird ship than a gun.

One day, MS Paint will be a WMD!

4. on 19 Sep 2007 at 3:54 pm Ashley D.

Today’s society views the smallest items as being a threat. People can not enjoy their child’s thoughts and drawings without being concerned that the slightest detail of imagine can be taken as a hint towards a killing spree. Many children aren’t even aware of what they are drawing. The drawings could be based on something they may have seen on television and tried to imitate.

I believe there are a lot more things to take in consideration besides a harmless drawing. Things such as children being picked on in school, or even the Jena 6 and that racism issue.

5. on 19 Sep 2007 at 5:46 pm Alpaca The Awesome

Its all this political correcting.

6. on 19 Sep 2007 at 8:05 pm westbluef

Well…
    the pen is mightier than the sword er.. gun.

7. on 19 Sep 2007 at 8:29 pm drews

It’s a relief none of those teachers ever saw one of my early age drawings…

8. on 19 Sep 2007 at 9:54 pm LoveMeorDie236

Awww the wild cougar is super cute! =)

9. on 20 Sep 2007 at 6:59 am sarahenity

those smiley faces are so unnerving…

10. on 20 Sep 2007 at 12:24 pm vrempire

Wow!! What a paranoid school. But on the other hand, yea, the pictures does look something a little bit freak and weird. If the normal child who loves action, he will normally draw the action figure carrying big gun or superhero stuff..
    yeah, the picture looks a little bit disturbing.
    But suspended the children for it is absolutely too much.
    Poor kid..

11. on 20 Sep 2007 at 4:25 pm ConnieTalk

You are hilarious. I love your sketches. I want to read one about Britney the Hot Mess.

12. on 20 Sep 2007 at 4:52 pm paula

Yes this goes on.
    And the school police and psychologists investigate whether the child is a threat to himself or others.

But where are the school police and psychologists for the child who is tardy every day; for the students who are absent 20% of the school year……

13. on 20 Sep 2007 at 7:43 pm Anita Bath

Oh no, a cougar!

Karen, quite possibly one of the best posts you’ve done. Nice artwork :)

14. on 20 Sep 2007 at 11:21 pm Joe

Ha, I don’t know what’s worse: That he was suspended for that or that you still use MS Pain. :)

15. on 23 Sep 2007 at 11:32 pm diogenes

Remember when “The Simpsons” first came out and the uproard concerning the bad influence it would have on the children? oh yeh, those where the days..Then there was the kid that went to school wearing a t-shirt with “The Penguin” from the 2nd Batman movie printed on the front and someone thought it was satanic and the boy was expelled…remember that? Then there was my whole childhood drawing bloody wars with a pencil on paper with tanks and warplanes and the dead, along with running wild with “toy” guns around the neighborhood, searching out the enemy to slaughter..Hey, didn’t we all torture animals/plants/ barbie dolls…right? remember? oh how things have changed……….

16. on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:48 am McKee

This kind of stupidity is possible only in US!

17. on 01 Oct 2007 at 4:47 pm benoit

It is clearly a road, and happy people crossing it.

18. on 04 Oct 2007 at 11:45 am JT

The incredible sensitivity of our current society is mindblowing. I can understand the desire to prevent potential problems before they occur, but suspending the child without honest cause is absurd. Talk to the kid, see if he has a problem and if he appears to be well adjusted…leave him the hell alone. Maybe, just maybe, this picture is an awkward looking representation of real life because he’s a young child.

19. […] maybe the man’s just a genius. I mean, in this day and age, a child’s harmless doodle is pants-poopingly horrifying to (I assume) grown people in places of authority, so a stapler is […]

20. on 18 Oct 2009 at 11:14 am ferrets

Okay, I wonder… I am nine. Yeah, nine, and I draw cats a lot. except sometimes I make them violent, hurt, or whatever(don’t take me wrong, it just looks cool and I’m not a killer) And people tell me it’s good because I draw cats pretty well. Something that might look like a gun gets suspended, but scar killing mufasa is okay-even praised… why?