World Geography

There’s no denying that the majority of Americans aren’t very good in Geography or World History, but do you know why? I’ve always wondered this myself, and now thanks to Miss Teen South Carolina, I finally understand:

(if you can’t see the video, click here [youtube])

Who would have thought South Africa plays such a vital role in our children’s Geography skills? With such a vividly concise and globally significant theory, I envision a Nobel Peace Prize in her future.

16 Responses to “World Geography”

1. on 25 Aug 2007 at 10:03 pm Alpaca The Awesome

I’m just not going to say anything.

2. on 25 Aug 2007 at 10:30 pm fluffman86

“Thank you, South Carolina.”
    –host

Thank you, Miss South Carolina, *indeed*! Well I think her answer actually says more than you would think at first. It clearly shows the poor state of SC education, right?

P.S. – I’m from the upside of Ess Sea, yo, so I can sez wut I wants.

3. on 25 Aug 2007 at 10:52 pm Cham

Were you expecting more out of the fine state of South Carolina? It would have been more interesting if the pageant had shown Miss SC a map and asked her to identify the US, or South Africa or Asia. I would bet you my savings she couldn’t do it.

4. on 25 Aug 2007 at 11:50 pm Bunk

“… and what is the capitol of South Carolina?”
    “Well, it’s like either “S” or “C” you know? I’ll say “S” like, Duh.”

5. on 26 Aug 2007 at 2:44 am Dan

Oh, so THAT’S why. It totally makes sense now.

6. on 26 Aug 2007 at 6:46 am Nessa

Wow, the problem is no maps or is it that our school children are focused on charity to the exclusion of geography or are they confused about which is which or did Miss SC not understand the question?

7. on 26 Aug 2007 at 10:31 am CheeseDuck

Huh? Did her answer even have anything to do with the US?

8. on 26 Aug 2007 at 4:21 pm Alpaca The Awesome

Its all this freaking political correcting.

9. on 26 Aug 2007 at 4:30 pm Mel

It’s as if right before she went out her mom looked her in the eyes and said “Now honey, make sure you talk bout South Africa and Iraq… that will show them judges how smart you be.”

10. on 26 Aug 2007 at 10:37 pm britstarr

Her momma, needs to have her ass whooped for putting that “no sense daughter” of her’s in so many beauty pageants and not in more school classe’s,I’m embarrassed to even claim that I was born there, after that !! and mario lopez,looked like he was getting ready to start laughing himself, at her comment to such a simple question !! she will end up being some “rich guys arm candy”, cause she is a long way off from having a real carreer !! if she has any younger sibilings….they need to stay in school !!!!!

11. on 27 Aug 2007 at 12:09 pm Noah

Did you know that 90% of American Students can’t locate a map on a wall?

12. on 27 Aug 2007 at 6:36 pm Alpaca The Awesome

Because EVERYTHING has to be fair!

*sarcasm*

13. on 28 Aug 2007 at 6:12 pm Catawbahead

Oooh! A contest! How many grammatical errors can you find in britstar’s comment above?

14. on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:45 am greycellsinxs

OMG!
    i would have given her the crown for that stupid and ridiculous answer!

15. on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:36 pm CheeseDuck

She looks like Brian’s stupid girlfriend from Family Guy.

16. on 09 Sep 2007 at 2:50 pm kielib

If that is what amrican schools are turning out no wonder we are having problems. We need to keep kids in school longer and ensure they pass classes to graduate.
    What about parents ensuring their kids learn and helping them to learn by testing knowledge at home.