…if you haven’t finished the latest book yet, that is. If you have already, no fear.

I don’t actually follow the books. I’ve seen the movies (this last one seemed to be having an identity crisis: couldn’t decide whether it was a fantasy flick or a thriller), and know the basic story/characters, I guess. I’ve made a point, however, of not getting too deeply into any series that isn’t finished yet. I learned this lesson many years ago in grade school with Redwall and Animorphs…just too much torture.

Maybe I’ll read the Potter books eventually, is what I’m saying.

But I was almost tempted to get this last one and read it through, just so I could have the pleasure of rubbing spoilers in my Pott’-head friends’ faces. This guy, however, takes the cruel joke and makes it the most wonderful, terrible, Grinch-like prank ever devised by any heartless villain ever (warning: DO NOT LOOK BELOW IF YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED THE BOOK)

Ladies and gentlemen, the spoiler-mobile:

quick, robin!  to the spoiler mobile!

He didn’t just get his friends, he got anyone in his path who had eyes. That is brilliant. I wish I could give credit to this evil genious, but this image was e-mailed to me by a friend (and e-mailed to him, and to him, and back forever, turtles all the way down). If you happen to read this, spoiler man, hats off to you.

22 Responses to “Harry Potter fans, do not read this”

1. on 31 Jul 2007 at 10:39 pm Sam

Thanks Karen for the spoiler alert.

I didn’t read it yet (book and of course post) but it’s important that I don’t have it ruined for me.

Thanks!
    -Sam

2. on 31 Jul 2007 at 10:44 pm Alpaca The Awesome

People like that make me sick! Unless they’re not contagious…

3. on 01 Aug 2007 at 12:16 am LindaF.

Haha I think that’s hilarious :) I wanted to email this to a friend of mine that is reading it now but I’m pretty sure she’d murder me in my sleep if I did.

4. on 01 Aug 2007 at 7:43 am Scott

Nice! I just found the blog, and wanted to let you know you have earned a spot in my blogroll! Check out my blog (and link) if you get a chance.

5. on 01 Aug 2007 at 12:11 pm Nessa

Just plain evil, in a fun sort of way, though.

6. on 01 Aug 2007 at 5:13 pm shannon

If I passed by that I would have broke his windows. I hope someone did.

7. on 01 Aug 2007 at 5:33 pm becky

I would have keyed his car. sheesh!

8. on 01 Aug 2007 at 6:24 pm Alpaca The Awesome

I’d eat him alive, starting from the feet so I can hear his screaming…}:)

9. on 01 Aug 2007 at 6:33 pm Another Jake

Curse my large monitor!! Oh well, I’m not surprised by any of that anyway. I do however foresee broken windows in this car’s future. Heck, I’d be tempted to do it myself. If I passed that thing on the highway, I’d give that man a very unpleasant drive.

10. on 02 Aug 2007 at 1:35 am Garage Band King

Hey, man/woman who decided it would be entertaining and good fun to put spoilers on their window and drive around, I got an idea. How about I start beating your body senselessly until it’s nothing but a lump of something that resembles a bloody rag doll. Why? Because it would be entertaining and good fun. Seriously, what’s the point of doing crap like this? Are you that desperate for a laugh? By ruining other people’s enjoyment? Do you realize how pitiful you make yourself look? Get a life.

[translation: I think that physically harming another person is funnier than spoiling the end of a story book. I would like to cause pain to the person who pulled this prank: I seem to believe this makes me less pitiful and desperate than him/her.]

11. on 02 Aug 2007 at 2:23 pm Cub

You just have to love the comments that promise horrible, unbearable pain and/or death over someone who lets out spoilers. My, the human race is just a shining bastion of intelligence and kindness on planet Earth. :3

12. on 02 Aug 2007 at 8:31 pm Alpaca The Awesome

We are worse than the Ancient Romans.

13. on 03 Aug 2007 at 8:45 am Garage Band King

OK, so MAYBE I overreacted just a tad. However, I would A) like to clarify that I was being overly sarcastic, and B) there is no way somebody can justify the actions that the individual who wrote that crap on his/her windows. I was merely making a point as to say, “Why?” However, since I can’t know or contact the person who did this prank, what do y’all think? What’s the point?

14. on 03 Aug 2007 at 7:30 pm Mel

I am guessing it would be bad to close your eyes and go “lalalalala” while driving.

15. on 03 Aug 2007 at 9:13 pm The Feed Bag

[…] you have a evil sense of humor, check out the Harry Potter Spoiler Mobile. WARNING, THE PAGE HAS SERIOUS HARRY POTTER SPOILERS. It’s funny as hell […]

16. on 04 Aug 2007 at 2:37 pm Nadie

Those of you who express the desire to damage the car, or assault the person responsible should be far more ashamed of yourselves then this guy. At least he didn’t spoil anything too major, like who’s side Snape was on, or who died. The marriages at the end were just a bit of happily-ever-after fodder, and was anyone REALLY that upset/ surprised about Snape’s death? Get some perspective.

17. on 06 Aug 2007 at 3:36 pm Frank

That may be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!

I still can’t stop laughing!

Hey Harry Potter nerds, I’ve got a littl secret to share…

…it’s just a book.

18. on 06 Aug 2007 at 11:48 pm Another Jake

I would have painted:
    “Harry accidentally kills Hermione and Ron kills Harry in a fit of passion, then kills himself in utter sadness and regret.”

Now THAT’s an ending.

Anyhow, destroying people’s enjoyment for pure selfish lulz is sad. People value their entertainment. Spoiling a book this significant (in terms of entertainment and suspense) is just mean and spiteful. If someone had spoiled the end of the Dark Tower series for me, I would have had some choice words to share with them… and maybe some choice fists to go with the words.

19. on 11 Aug 2007 at 1:02 pm ARGHamort

I’ve been visiting this site pretty much daily over the last couple of months and I’ve managed to avoid any HP spoilers on the internet till I visited the other week. Sadly the ‘Harry Potter fans do not read this’ title was not as big as the bigass ‘VOLDEMORT KILLS SNAPE’ picture. I left before I knew there were any other pictures but tbh the others weren’t really as spoily as the snape thing. (I read the book before coming back to moan about it) :( You couldn’t have put it behind a cut or something?

20. on 12 Aug 2007 at 7:31 pm Karen

Aw, ARGHamort, I wrote a whole overly-long intro paragraph to avoid that kind of thing! Sorry it didn’t work for you–shrink your screen! 😛

21. on 16 Aug 2007 at 5:41 pm Sarah

oh my GOD that is the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen. I wish I would have thought of it first.

22. on 07 Jul 2010 at 4:35 am hermes handbags