Ah HA! HA HA!!

HA! SO…Imagine my absolute joy when I find out that this…this latest Avril Lavigne monster, “girlfriend,” this giant piece of ear-garbage cluttering up the radio waves at my workplace (as if it wasn’t an unbearable enough job) is coming back to bite her!

HA.

I mean, it’s a childish, moronic song that a person older than thirteen has no right to sing. What gets me most is the fact that Miss Lavigne writes this and then continues to calls herself Punk…though I’m pretty sure any punktential a person has goes directly out the window the very nanosecond she even ponders calling herself a “mother-censored princess,” let alone sings it in a song that will be heard, sadly, by so many.

I’m not a huge punk fan, but it once had a message, a meaning, a purpose once…now? Hey, hey, you, you, I wanna be your girlfriend.

I weep for punk.

But enough of me! Check this out:

Lavigne gets sued.

And, for some reason, YouTube embeds don’t seem to be working for me. Here’s the video, sorry.

I knew I’d heard it! I knew it! If you’ll recall, I compared the song to something the Olsen twins might have sung once, when they were nineish or younger, but I wasn’t going back far enough.

Oh awesome. I really, really, really hope she loses this lawsuit, and then, oh delicious happiness, must remove the song from the airwaves. And then, peace on earth.

11 Responses to “Ah HA! HA HA!!”

1. on 06 Jul 2007 at 7:21 pm Courtney Hart

Hi!

When I first saw the news about this lawsuit I did some researching of my own and came to a very different conclusion…

So, since I actually have my own blog about Avril Lavigne, I wrote a post today about this and included some videos.

If you or your readers want to see it, it’s at:

OR

Thanks!

– Courtney Hart

2. on 06 Jul 2007 at 7:51 pm Jenny

Hey, I am IN NO WAY defending Avril Lavigne–her music is completely without merit and 1000 times removed from what punk is. For real.

But, I will say that punk lyrics haven’t always had message, a meaning, a purpose. In fact, not having this was part of what was punk about ’em. Take the Ramones classic Beat on the Brat:

Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat with a baseball bat
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh-oh.

What can you do?
    What can you do?
    With a brat like that always on your back
    What can you do?

3. […] Say No To Crack Some Related Posts Malaysian Bloggers Sued for DefamationSuicide DogJapanese […]

4. on 07 Jul 2007 at 12:19 am MAXXSTILES

God dammit i Have to say I have been on the crack for some time. What a great blog. You post kick ass stuff. Okay and more to my point I hate Avril Lavigne when is she going to be a victim of a sex crime. She is as punk as my Pom-poms. Any how keeo up the good work

5. on 07 Jul 2007 at 2:17 am Bunk

Jenny! You cracked me up, and you’re absolutely correct. The music scene of the late 1970’s was horrible… over-produced over-engineered mass marketed garbage. Kinda like it is now.

Then came the Ramones, garage-band 3-chord 1960’s loud rock-n-roll. The Clash picked up on it in the UK. CBGB’s became a legend with a live compilation album and a celluloid movie that toured the college scene here in the US.

The Sex Pistols ruined it. Rent “End of the Century” if you don’t believe me.

Sheena’s a Punk, Avril’snot. GabbaGabbaHey!

6. on 07 Jul 2007 at 2:41 pm Adam_Y

Whilst I wish Ms Lavine no specific harm, she does sort of deserve this on two counts:

1. Ripping off someone elses bad work.
    2. Failiure to stop making terrible, terrible songs.

7. on 07 Jul 2007 at 10:59 pm Morriconei

This made my day. I have often thumbed my nose at this harpy, and now I can thumb at a more frequent pace.

…gee, I hope people don’t misinterpret that.

She is lame. That outta clear things up.

8. on 10 Jul 2007 at 12:41 am Andy

Last Easter two mates and I were cruising down the highway listening to a rock radio station with the volume up.

Suddenly, that cursed song came on, but for some reason no-one protested or changed the channel.

Three minutes later my friend slowly leaned over and turned off the radio. After a moment or two of stunned silence, he said “What the —- just happened?”

It felt like we’d all been aurally raped.

9. on 12 Jul 2007 at 10:51 am carrie

I happen to think avril is very entertaining, not talented, but entertaining. The kids love her and shes not sending any bad messages. I just listened to that song “I want to be your Boyfriend” and i don’t think the songs are all that similar. The many similarity i saw was the “hey hey you you” the rest was all very different.

I think everyone needs to leave these celebrities alone, as long as they aren’t sending bad messages why should we prosecute them?

10. on 12 Jul 2007 at 5:56 pm Karen

Well, Carrie, as long as they throw themselves into the public view, they’re going to get public attention–good and bad.

I don’t like Avril’s music because every song I’ve ever heard from her contains the three same themes; a girl is only as valuable as the boy she is dating, a boy is owned by his girlfriend, and don’t listen to your friends’ advice. But then, I only hear what plays on the radio so who knows.

Plus, her voice is grating :P.

11. on 17 Jul 2007 at 9:54 pm kudos

carrie, avril uses explitives, swears, uses bad words. Exsample: “Don’t pretend I think you know I’m damn precious And hell yeah, I’m the mother @#$@ing princess …” Do you really want your kids learning this kind of language? I think not. And the songs ARE similar, you are just too naive to notice.