Passive Aggressive Notes

I’ve received quite a few passive aggressive notes in my day, especially from my last house mate, and it’s never fun. It’s frustrating, and childish, and it makes me wonder why spoken words are so difficult.

Reading passive aggressive notes written to other people, however, is absolute comedy gold.

Here are a few of my favorites from this absolutely brilliant archive:

Gross sponge?  No more!
This one’s actually pretty similar to the one my ex-roomy left me, except we had a dishwasher so I’m not sure what her deal was.

We all deserve a drink…
I post this one not because it is terribly funny, but because I feel the need to heap more attention on the nation’s shocking lack of any innovative technology in the way of self-replenishing refrigerators.

Tacky!
Seriously, man! TACKY.

Seriously.
This one is great because of the Christmas Spirit-y, decorative stationary.

And lastly, happy 4th of July to the American readers out there. Enjoy your fireworks and barbecues and ice cream and everything.

12 Responses to “Passive Aggressive Notes”

1. […] July 4, 2007 · Filed under Links http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-lego-nxt-rubiks-cube-solverhttp://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Unusual-Car-Accidents-20070702http://www.saynotocrack.com/index.php/2007/07/04/passive-aggressive-notes/http://www.neatorama.com/2007/07/03/nuclear-power-ad-by-h5/http://wubuntu.weejewel.net/ […]

2. on 04 Jul 2007 at 4:33 am Dizzy Dee

LOL – thanx for sharing. :)

I think I could submit some of the notes doing the rounds in our office – we have quite a few hilarious ones 😛

3. on 04 Jul 2007 at 9:14 am Alex

Ah yes, PAnotes has been part of my daily humor routine for a while now. That and xkcd. Gold, both of ’em.

4. on 04 Jul 2007 at 12:55 pm Jacques

I don’t see much to be happy about, except, perhaps, that George “dubya” Bush is held in contempt by 60% of the populace. Unfortunately Bush and Cheney are still in office, and not prison garb. Oh, and Rove.

5. on 04 Jul 2007 at 3:43 pm Diesel

Lighten up, Jacques baby. Some of us are still pretty darn thrilled to be Americans. Presidents come and go, but Lady Liberty stands tall.

Happy Independence Day!

6. on 04 Jul 2007 at 9:03 pm Jessica

I love your sense of humor. Dead on. 😀

7. on 04 Jul 2007 at 11:40 pm Bunk

Ditto that, Diesel! And Jaques, you’d be speaking German now if it weren’t for this free country. We even named a strap after you.

Happy Independence Day! Hope y’all have the same number of fingers tomorrow!

8. on 04 Jul 2007 at 11:46 pm Bunk

Oh yeah… passive-aggressive notes… My favorite: “Please put the toilet seat back up after you’re done peeing on it.”

9. on 05 Jul 2007 at 4:51 pm Nessa

My boss is passive-agressive, but verbally.

10. on 06 Jul 2007 at 5:43 pm Chris

The email is funny but it’s not passive aggressive. It clearly states the sender & that you are tacky.

11. on 12 Jul 2007 at 12:01 pm carrie

These notes make me cringe. I hate when people think that these obnoxious little comments are going to do the trick.

12. on 12 Jul 2007 at 12:07 pm jake

haha i left a hot dog on the kitchen counter in my apartment once, and then left the house forgetting it was there. When i got home my suite mate (who was a girl) had drenched it with frenchs mustard and there was a note next to it that said EAT IT…possibly one of the weirdest experiences of my life..i moved out like 3 weeks later