The Water Butt Pump?

Water Butt PumpWhile reading through comments over at Neatorama, I saw a reference to a “Water Butt Pump”. Curiousity immediately befell me, and I found myself unable to resist clicking.

What popped up was the picture to the left … something I’d NEVER consider putting anywhere near my posterior. To make matters more confusing, the first visible text was a comment by a happy customer claiming to have been “absolutely gobsmacked at the excellent standard of delivery service” regarding the Water Butt Pump.

Gobsmacked? Butt Pumps? Oh my! Thankfully, it appears that the Water Butt Pump is some type of completely innocuous product for horses in the UK. Can someone please teach the British how to speak English?

16 Responses to “The Water Butt Pump?”

1. on 01 Jul 2007 at 10:58 pm Bunk

Maybe someone might use it as a last resort if they were diagnosed with the rare and extremely uncomfortable affliction more commonly known as “waterbutt,” and needed a crack delivery service.

I know I would if I had it and had to, UK or otherwise.

2. on 01 Jul 2007 at 11:30 pm aware

hee hee. my observation made it to “say no to crack” – whee!

gobsmacked, i am.

3. on 02 Jul 2007 at 5:29 am Fintan

Teach the British how to speak English?
    They are speaking English.. funny really when you yanks write with a dyslexic tone 😛

4. on 02 Jul 2007 at 6:15 am Mr. Fabulous

Ooh, I am glad I read the last paragraph before I went out and got one…

5. on 02 Jul 2007 at 6:53 am nessa

I was worried there for a minute.

6. on 02 Jul 2007 at 1:56 pm agent scully

It’s them that should be teaching us. I think it’s time for the whole mouse/mice deer/dice talk. English sometimes makes no sense.

7. on 02 Jul 2007 at 6:06 pm tim

god i hate americans thinking they can some how speak english better then the english. a water butt is a large tank (not the sort you go invading countrys with) its for colecting rain water from guttering so you can use it for watering plants etc the water butt pump is for pumping water from ther down a HOSE not a horse to make it easyer than going back and fourth with a watering can.
    p.s just so you know its
    Rubbish not trash, trousers not pants, pants are y-fonts also pants is another way of saying rubbish now thats confused you hasn’t it you bunch of merchant bankers

8. on 02 Jul 2007 at 6:12 pm Michael Garcia

Hey how do you find all this weird stuff all the time! Gobsmacked!? Ha ha! Just got tagged-now I am being asked to ask you if you would please post 5 things that help you to get back on a positive track. See my blog for details.
    Thanks!

9. on 02 Jul 2007 at 9:01 pm themolk

Don’t you all have a water butt pump? I thought everyone did… we all do in Australia… You get given one when you start high school.

10. on 03 Jul 2007 at 11:22 am BOSSY

The Brits speak english – the rest of us speak glengish.

11. on 03 Jul 2007 at 2:22 pm Jim Field

I suggest you consult a dictionary before you ridicule something you don’t fully understand.

The Austrailian response (above) shows that you have a provincial (US) approach to the English language. I was born and raised in the US, and am a Canadian and British citizen.

12. on 03 Jul 2007 at 10:58 pm Bunk

Tim–

So sorry you feel that way, but it’s completely understandable, since your roomate rendered your shift key semi-operable, and your spell-check is obviously non-existant. Give me a few minutes to gas up my SUV, and I’ll be at your place by 11pm Wednesday to guide you through the procedures to fix it. (Make sure there’s a cold Harp Lager ready, I’ll bring the steaks and sauce.)

All in fun.

13. on 04 Jul 2007 at 4:42 pm Anita Bath

Hey gang – Most Americans speak HORRIBLE English … my statement was purely sarcastic. Although you have to admit that a “water butt pump” sounds like a rather disgusting contraption.

14. on 05 Jul 2007 at 1:33 am Bunk

I still don’t understand why one would collect rainwater in a gutter and pump it through a horse.

15. on 09 Jul 2007 at 4:11 pm soubriquet

Anita Bath!!! hahahahaaaaaaa Anitabath ohhh Good One!

16. […] butts may also go well with the Water Butt Pump featured here a couple months […]