The director claims that the following video is 100% real, although I’m on the fence. What are your thoughts – a trick video, or two guys with far too much time on their hands?

(if you can’t see the video, click here)

15 Responses to “Your Thoughts – Is this Video for Real?”

1. on 20 May 2007 at 9:45 pm Lady

Wow, this is great. I think it copuld be real. I also wish I could do that.

2. on 20 May 2007 at 10:14 pm Dan

It’s theoretically possible, but I doubt it’s real. It’s a cool video anyway though. =D

3. on 20 May 2007 at 11:02 pm Mac

I wish it were real, but I don’t buy it at all. Just cool special effects…

4. on 20 May 2007 at 11:29 pm Bunk

It’s absolutely real. We used to do it all the time in college; we just didn’t have the technology to record it. Try it yourselves. Really expensive sunglasses work best.

5. on 20 May 2007 at 11:43 pm Cay

It’s possible, yeah, but i don’t think it’s very probable. Would be great if it was real.

6. on 20 May 2007 at 11:51 pm Miss Cellania

It’s a real ad, that’s for sure. But I think there are special effects involved.

7. on 21 May 2007 at 10:14 am Fczbkk

It’s Ray Ban’s viral video.

8. on 21 May 2007 at 11:54 am Mike H

Wow. I wonder how many eyes got poked out practicing.

9. on 21 May 2007 at 10:48 pm johnsadowski

i decided to believe it’s real.

10. on 22 May 2007 at 12:00 am linkskywalker

I am a fence sitter.

11. on 22 May 2007 at 3:16 pm Jacques

As Elaine said on Seinfeld, “fake, fake, fake, fake, fake”. or something like that.

12. on 22 May 2007 at 4:46 pm Deniz

I would have to say that perhaps some of the simpler ones are real, but for the rest they are really pulled off of the face rather than thrown on, and the videos are simply played in reverse.
    For example, on the one where the glasses are thrown on at the passenger in the passing car, you can see that the guy “throwing” them on the street is walking akwardly before the throw (b/c its done in reverse.)

13. on 22 May 2007 at 9:33 pm Cody

no guy…look at the way the cars shocks take the hit. Its far to easy to throw out things like this but its not as hard as it looks to throw wide cheap sunglasses and have your friend face catch them.

the only part that annoyed me was after he says “Unbelievable” then it cuts and he has the glasses on.

oh and the elevator one where the glasses went in a straight line kinda sucked.

But in truth there guys are as gods they are.

14. on 23 May 2007 at 1:44 am Amanda

Unless the citizen on the street with the bags is in on this (which is possible), that segment with the car is not in reverse unless he was walking backwards.

Unfortunately, I suspect this is for real, and they do seem entirely too hyped about this accomplishment.

15. on 24 May 2007 at 1:33 pm Xavier

It’s called playing it backwards. It IS 100% real…it was all just done backwards. Except for “Unbelievable.”

Viva http://www.nothingforx.blogspot.com !