lolpossums

Last night I decided that I had to get some decent possum pictures, and left the kitchen door and screen open. Why, you ask? I can’t stand lolcats, and just had to make a stand.

lolpossum

I got a bunch of these possum pictures from about two feet away, as a juvenile was eating catfood and spitting in the cat’s water. Yeah, I was on my belly on the floor, sneaking up on him. Or her.

lolpossum meh

The light you see in the background is a cat’s eye, believe it or not. Here’s a photo with both catlights on:

lolpossum catfood

11 Responses to “lolpossums”

1. on 18 May 2007 at 2:30 pm Diesel

I hate possums. They’re nasty critters. I once beat one to death with a 2×4. Ha ha, just kidding.

Actually, I’m not. I really did beat it to death. I hate them.

2. on 18 May 2007 at 4:02 pm Eli

Although I find lolcats amusing, I like the idea of well-spoken lolpossums.
    What font did you use for the text?

3. on 18 May 2007 at 6:55 pm LR

I like them. They are not nasty, they wash themselves like any other small mammal.
    The only animals i really hate are Ferrel cats.
    They s**t in everyone’s gardens,they piss on their lawn furniture,they kill everything that moves that can’t fight back.
    If they all died tomorrow,I’d throw a big party.

4. on 18 May 2007 at 11:02 pm Bunk

Diesel– That’s just wrong. Very wrong. LolPossum will hunt you down and change your attitude. You’ll see.

Eli– Apparently the LolPossums speak in pidgin english, too. I don’t really hate LolCats, there’s just too many of them. The font is called “PRETEXT.”

LR– When Mrs. Strutts and I moved into our home years ago, we had serious snail and slug problems. I was a slug and there were alot of snails outside. I’d turn on the sprinklers and snails would come leaping across the lawn. I filled half a garbage bag with snails once. Then an opossum showed up, had a family. Haven’t had snails or slugs since. They clean up LolCat messes, too.

5. on 19 May 2007 at 12:28 am tamiki

yes, a non-lolcat post.

i have my own non-lolcat post on my original humor site

glad someone feels the same way. :)

6. on 19 May 2007 at 12:35 am Brent O.

As a lolcats fan, we gotta work on your brevity. In the third photo, for example, a better caption might be: “I’m in yur dishez eatin yur fud.”

7. on 19 May 2007 at 9:13 pm Bunk

tamiki– The first lolcat I remember seeing was an annoyingly cute poster from years ago, way before “lol” was coined and “lol” became the lie that it is. The poster showed a kitten hanging by its front paws, with the caption, “Hang In There.” Ugh.

Brent O.– Lolpossums are not lolcats and should not be equated. Lolpossums think louder and more clearly than lolcats do. I’ll mention your brevity concern to our lolpossums, and leave it up to you to guess where they’ll tell you to go.

8. on 26 May 2007 at 12:31 pm ET

WARE IS THE HUMORZ?
    LOLPOSSUM NOT FUNNY

NO PUNCHLINE LOL

9. on 28 May 2007 at 2:22 am Bunk

ET–
    The humor stopped just prior to your comment. Sorry.

10. on 09 Aug 2007 at 2:21 am someone wondering around websites

aww i love possums i have this little one that comes to our back porch at night and eats the cat food its so cute in fact im looking at it right now

11. on 10 Feb 2009 at 2:33 pm Chalky.

thats not a cat! so why does it say cat if its not one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol hehe xx.