Stuff. On cats.

stuff on a cat

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, about the internet, and about websites.
“You know,” she said, “I ought to make a website about–”

And here I interrupted her, because I am a total jerk. “You know,” said I, “you might as well not. I promise, whatever website you’re thinking of, already exists.”

“No,” said she, “Mine would be–”

“–The exact same as another website,” I repeated. “You underestimate the internet. There’s a website for literally everything. Everything.”

Everything, I said, though I didn’t honestly believe it in my heart, not fully. But, one crazy boring evening and a random Google search later, Stuff On My Cat reared its head. It’s just a collection of pictures of…stuff, sitting on top of cats. And I knew then that my prideful claim had been painfully, terrifyingly correct.

This, my friends, is the the beginning of the end of the internet. I mean, once you’ve reached stuff on cats (it’s just stuff on cats, people!! STUFF on CATS), you really don’t have that much farther to go. I mean…stuff on cats?!

Stuff. On cats. I’m going to go outside and remind myself what the sun looks like. I hear there’s fresh air out there…

13 Responses to “Stuff. On cats.”

1. on 29 Apr 2007 at 1:08 am Gregory

Hey, don’t knock it ’til you try it.

I love Stuff On My Cat. They even have books. I bought my wife one as a stocking stuffer.

It really is cute as can be.

2. on 29 Apr 2007 at 1:39 am rjlight

I’ve been looking for that website! I love those cat sites! So interesting, so entertaining, so funny, so…okay, I lie…

3. on 29 Apr 2007 at 2:08 am alyssa

dude stuff on my cat rules. it’s hilarious. they just came out with a dog counterpart too.

4. on 29 Apr 2007 at 6:16 am Baxter Tocher

Don’t forget Cats In Sinks!

5. on 29 Apr 2007 at 6:55 am .megan.

You forgot to mention the ridiculousness of the existence of Stuff on My Cat online store.

Not only am I disappointed that so many cat sites exist (and I’m, technically, a cat person), but also the very fact that some of these pictures shouldn’t even qualify as “stuff on a cat” — a cat wearing a sweater? That’s debatable. A man holding the skeletal jaw of some amphibious creature around his cats head? That’s not “stuff on my cat” that’s just a lame excuse to post a picture of your cat on the internet.

6. on 29 Apr 2007 at 9:32 am Malnurtured Snay

What if it was cats on cats? Or cats on dogs?

7. on 30 Apr 2007 at 7:37 am Anney

Interestingly, I got a “Stuff On My Cat” Calander for my birthday.

8. on 30 Apr 2007 at 9:00 am Baxter Tocher

Oh, here’s another one – the Random Kitten generator:

9. on 30 Apr 2007 at 1:43 pm Baxter Tocher

And don’t forget the ultimate, addictive, what-your-rss-reader-was-made-for “I Can Has Cheezburger?”:

10. on 30 Apr 2007 at 1:53 pm Melissa

I cannot believe you all left out it’s sister website. Stuffonmymutt.com. You all are fired.

11. on 01 May 2007 at 7:12 pm fenrisswolf

Don’t forget http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong for the old standby: a bunny with little pancakes(/cinnamon rolls/bread/etc) on its’ head.

12. on 07 May 2007 at 6:31 am Slippy Lane

Don’t diss the stuff on cats, man! Have you ever owned a cat? Getting the buggers to stay still long enough for you to put stuff on them AND take a picture is a real art. Takes skill and patience.

Putting stuff on dogs is, by comparison, easy.

:-)

13. on 22 Oct 2009 at 8:54 pm driver65

Master and Commander — since when is a best picture nomination not enough to guarantee a sequel? ,