The farmer who posted this sign either has a great sense of humor or takes the “truth in advertising” adage a little too seriously:

Used Cows for Sale

I wonder if they also accept trade-ins? Or maybe I can trade up from a new goat to a slightly used cow?

For those wondering where the sign is located … I’m told that if you drive South from Louisville, Kentucky along Interstate 65, you’ll see the sign on a parallel country road within half an hour.

via Michael and Krissy’s photogallery

15 Responses to “Funny Sign in America’s Heartland”

1. on 11 Apr 2007 at 5:15 am Richie

Yeah, I heard about this but you’ve got be real careful about buying a used cow.

I heard the dealers often take two halves of different cows that were involved in farming accidents and weld them together…

2. on 11 Apr 2007 at 7:09 am BOSSY

So let Bossy get this straight: if you give away the milk for free and then no one wants to buy the cow – what does that say for a Used Cow?

3. on 11 Apr 2007 at 7:56 am Bob T Bear (esq)

all depends what they were used for….

4. on 11 Apr 2007 at 8:25 am Anthony

I like the program returns that still have a year of warranty remaining, its a bit safer that way… I think its a bit risky to buy your bovine that are out of warranty.

Anthony
    Journey Through Divorce

5. on 11 Apr 2007 at 12:16 pm Robin

I wonder if you can get them on craigslist 😀

6. on 11 Apr 2007 at 12:28 pm Diesel

I defer to Richie’s comment. I can’t beat that.

7. on 11 Apr 2007 at 2:23 pm problemchildbride

Would you be more or less likely to buy a used cow that’d had only one careful lady owner? I’d check the exhaust for excessive emissions too.

8. on 12 Apr 2007 at 1:05 am Aengus

Aengus Beef! Gotta love it!

Aengus

9. on 12 Apr 2007 at 1:48 am Bunk

Used cows are okay, but inspect them before you buy. Common sense tells you to take ’em for a test drive first. Most used cow salesmen are actually honest, but beware of the hereford that’s been repainted to look like a guernsey…

10. on 12 Apr 2007 at 6:25 am Alice

This guy has made himself a free ad campaign. You can see this photo all over internet now 😉

11. on 15 Apr 2007 at 11:49 am Hammer

Always be sure to get a COWFAX report before buying.

12. […] Vacas usadas en venta(image credit: Michael & Krissy via Saynotocrack.com) […]

13. on 02 Jul 2007 at 9:19 am Malok

I wonder how many phone calls this guy is getting…

14. […] americanos… (image credit: Michael & Krissy via Saynotocrack.com) __________________ become a part of internet history and make this thread grow!!! Guy #1: I’d […]

15. on 05 Aug 2007 at 4:10 pm Cindy

If you ever meet the author of this wonderful agriculture advertising masterpiece you will understand that it fits. And he really does sell “used” cows, although now he call’s them gently experienced, deferring to political correctness!