A Smart Blonde Joke

This picture has almost nothing to do with the following joke, other than the setting. I just thought it was a funny way to advertise chicken:

Chicken on Airplane

I’ve always loved smart jokes, and usually I am amused by blonde jokes (my son and half the people in my extended family are either blonde or used to be). Since smart and blonde jokes are usually mutually exclusive, I was thrilled to receive this rare gem from MC at Culture Kills:

Setup: A middle-aged lawyer and an attractive blonde woman are sitting next to each other on a long flight from New York to London. The blonde is trying to get a little sleep, while the lawyer is vainly attempting to impress the blonde with his wit and intelligence. The blonde ignores the lawyer until he suggests a little wager.

Lawyer: Would you like to play a game? I’ll first ask you a question. If you can’t answer it, using any means at your disposal, you give me $5. Then if I can’t answer one of your questions, I’ll give you $500.
Blonde: Sure, why not?
Lawyer: Great. What’s the circumference of the earth?
Blonde (after quietly handing him $5 from her purse): OK, my turn. What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down the hill with four?

The lawyer is stumped. He starts jotting down ideas, searches the net via the plane’s in-seat phone, then finally calls up a few friends, all without any luck. After over an hour, he finally wakes up the blonde and hands her $500.

She thanks him for the money and closes her eyes, but the lawyer can’t contain himself: “Wait! You’ve gotta tell me, what was the answer???” Without a word, she reaches into her purse and hands him another $5, then lays down and falls back asleep.

9 Responses to “A Smart Blonde Joke”

1. on 24 Feb 2007 at 1:47 pm Anita Bath

In case you’re wondering, the chicken advertisement is for a chicken company named La Barran in Paris. They’ve created lots of odd TV commercials as well, all with the tagline “The Chicken You can Trust”.

Here’s a couple strange ones:
    A Chicken You can Trust to Teach Your Kid to Swim
    A Chicken You can Trust to Escort Your Daughter via Motorcycle

2. on 24 Feb 2007 at 3:28 pm Smart Blonde

We have collected many smart blonde jokes here:

Send us more!

Thanks,

RW

3. on 24 Feb 2007 at 3:30 pm Lady Banana

I like that joke.. very smart! :)

4. on 24 Feb 2007 at 9:17 pm kaddar

This joke doesn’t make any sense because if he had really searched the internet he would have found this joke.

[/sarcasm]

5. on 25 Feb 2007 at 12:35 pm prying1

Perhaps Kaddar it is because some people don’t know how to play with search engines to get the proper results. I know this for a fact because my Sitemeter shows all kinds of hits I get where people are aimlessly searching for something. –

Good joke. I laughed. Plus it has a moral. (I think)

6. on 27 Feb 2007 at 1:35 am Someone Catchy

Haha…I can’t say that I’ve ever heard a smart blond joke before. I’m intrigued.

7. on 10 Apr 2007 at 4:28 pm victoria

Man when I 1st saw this joke I thought it would be ’bout dumb blondes so I didn’t want to read it but now I think I’ll have to remember this and tell it to all the peeps with there dumb blonde jokes.

8. on 20 Apr 2007 at 8:27 pm Maus-Masta

(Maus as in the card game, not the cat breed.) Here’s another blonde joke you’ll like, then.

A blonde goes to get a five grand loan from TD Canada Trust (bank, obviously). It’s her first loan, so the bank has nothing to back up her word she’ll pay it back, and want some collateral. She gives them her twenty grand convertible. Three weeks later, she pays it off, and the fifteen-fourty one in interest, too. Snickering, the bank manager asks her why she left behind such an expensive collateral, and the blonde snaps back:
    “Where else could I leave my car for three weeks vacation-time, pay fifteen bucks, and expect it to be there when I got back?”

Not all blondes are dumb.
    Adios!

9. on 10 Jul 2007 at 1:56 pm rachel

I didn’t get that joke? what was the purpose of it?