After a frustrating start to tax season, I’ve decided the IRS needs a simplified process for calculating deductions:

IRS EZ Deduction Finder

How perfect of a solution would this be? It meets President Bush’s goal of a simplified tax code, remains true to the IRS’s history of creating incredibly baffling instructions, and doesn’t change a thing for the majority of taxpayers!

You know how Staples advertises and sells an “Easy” button? I think the IRS (or at least TurboTax) should follow suit and send a “No!” button along with personal returns … at least I could have some fun as all my deductions are being taken away. 😉

10 Responses to “My Solution to Our Tax Preparation Woes”

1. on 19 Feb 2007 at 7:23 am Nessa

This is a much easier way for me not to get anything back from the IRS.

2. on 19 Feb 2007 at 11:30 am Pendullum

Sounds like the Canadian system as well…

3. on 19 Feb 2007 at 2:02 pm Jackyl

No taxes is the best solution. Where are my fellow Anarchists?

4. on 19 Feb 2007 at 2:41 pm Robin

lol!

5. on 19 Feb 2007 at 3:55 pm Ariel

Blimey! The IRS sound just as obtuse as HM Revenue & Customs (Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, also known as the Inland Revenue here in the UK). A year ago they sent me a letter telling me I may have paid too much tax then proceeded to lose all my details altogether only to leave a very curt voicemail two weeks ago bemoaning the fact that I hadn’t filled in my yearly tax return. Hey, I never got the damn thing and it’s a miracle they got through to me in the first place as they only had my old cell phone number and a very old address… I’m still waiting for the refund for year before last and last year – I earned too little and they took too much. But will they ever own up to it? The mystery continues. Same %@#$, different country.

6. on 19 Feb 2007 at 4:40 pm Karen

LOL!

7. on 19 Feb 2007 at 7:06 pm Eli

Well this what happens when the people are no longer in control of there governments was it out brute force,
    or was in out we did not know that lawyers like to add rules to cheat others at of money they got by working hard for.
    Ether way tax with out Representation is now are new U.S. there is no other way to look at. No one besides
    any one in governments is happy the way it is but till WE AS A PEOPLE STAND ON ARE FONDING FATHERS WORDS.Nothing and do mean Nothing well ever change.
    There is nothing wrong with a flat tax rate it treats as all Men and Women equal unlike this way of doing things.

8. on 19 Feb 2007 at 9:38 pm Diesel

I love it.

Congrats, Anita! You’re the Humor-Blogs.com Featured Blog!

9. on 21 Feb 2007 at 6:45 pm Hammer

Not bad, but I prefer Neal Boortz’s Fair Tax which would eliminate the IRS altogether.

10. on 11 Sep 2009 at 8:14 pm spy gear

Spy Gear says ” I love the IRS”