Now for another entry from the “you’ve got to be kidding me” news files. Over the past week, some areas of Mexico have received almost ten feet of snow! This is not a joke … here are pictures from a few suburban areas that were particularly hard hit by these freak snowstorms:

View from inside a home in Mexico:

Snow from inside home in Mexico

After a little shoveling:

Portrait in Mexico

Wow, nice neighborhood for Mexico!

Streets in Mexico

Mexico’s 2 horsepower snowplow warming up:

Horses plow through snow around Mexico

Pics via ABC, story via CNN 😉

17 Responses to “Almost 10 Feet of Snow in Mexico?”

1. on 11 Feb 2007 at 3:11 pm Robin

The ABC site says it is Central New York.

2. on 11 Feb 2007 at 3:53 pm Erica

Almost had me until I read the article… I didn’t even know there was a Mexico, NEW YORK.

3. on 11 Feb 2007 at 5:25 pm M. D. Benoit

You had me there for a while! After reading the article, I realized it was Mexico, New York. Ha!

Nevertheless, I wouldn’t want to be in their boots. My back is sore just thinking about the shoveling…

4. on 11 Feb 2007 at 5:38 pm paula

ahhh Mexico, New York

They are used to snow but this has been an amazing week for them…. and more is on the way.

5. on 11 Feb 2007 at 6:25 pm Lady Banana

WOW thats just amazing, something we in UK can hardly imagine. We come to a standstill after 2 inches let alone 10 foot!

6. on 11 Feb 2007 at 6:29 pm Pete Aldin

Send the snow to Australia. We’ll all be buying water soon. Maybe this represents a boon for Mexico!

7. on 12 Feb 2007 at 10:42 am REO methwagon

If it really did snow 10 feet in Mexico that would sure make border enforcement easier!

8. on 12 Feb 2007 at 2:43 pm Natron

I am really glad my wife and I didn’t move back to mexico this winter!

9. on 12 Feb 2007 at 4:42 pm Antilos

I wish i were inside :))

10. on 12 Feb 2007 at 9:39 pm Susie

…..And Egypt is expecting about 18 inches on Valentines Day. (Egypt New York that is)

11. on 14 Mar 2007 at 11:17 pm stewart walker

whoever posted this is pretty clever…not, mexico the country never gets any snow…its a city in New York. Dirty mexicans dont deserve snow anyway

12. on 20 Mar 2007 at 6:13 pm Kiki

Pretty good!
    But for all people here that don’t know Mexico the country does get snow, and a lot. specially in the northern states. It is sorta sad how many cliches we believe. but you did get a few people with this, It was a good one.

13. on 23 Mar 2007 at 10:56 pm Nobodyknowsgeography

Its sort of sad that people dont know that the southern end of the Rocky mountains pass through the spine of Mexico, and that deep snows occasionally fall above 8000 feet in mexico. Look at the Mountains surrounding Ciudad de mexico!!!!

14. on 15 Nov 2007 at 11:14 pm JC

Well it does snow in Northern Mx, these are pictures of snow in the state of Chihuahua…

15. on 22 Jan 2008 at 5:16 pm Manuel Berlanga

stewart walker, you are an idiot, first, you are an idiotic racist, then you are also an ignorant since we dirty Mexicans get snow all years in the northern states, but since you don’t leave your redneck neighborhood, you probably don´t know it.

16. on 09 Feb 2008 at 8:50 am Ankur

Even Kolkata(India) is expecting 16feets of snowfall this valentines day, all are wellcome to Kolkata to njoy this Valentine day.

17. on 28 Feb 2008 at 9:55 pm Ashley

wow that is some tall snow i wish i would have that much snow in my state kentucky we get 1\2 inches of snow that sucks