As a little kid, Mr. T seemed to be every boy’s hero. I had forgotten just how popular he was until I ran across Mr. T and Me, a website dedicated to chronicling the vast array of bizarre Mr. T memorabilia released over the years. I’ve included some of my favorites below.

Mr. T CrayonsMr. T School Quality Crayons

In addition to 8 regular colors, the 16 crayon set comes with Special Mr. T colors such as: “Right-on Red”, “Brotherhood Black”, and “Buckle Down Brown”. Maybe the “Learn-A-Lot Yellow” is what makes these School Quality?

This would have made the perfect gift for the kid who has “no time for the jibba-jabba” as Mr. T might say.

Mr. T Dancing HamsterClubber Lang Dancing Hamster

Rocky was no match for Clubber Lang at the beginning of Rocky III, probably because he didn’t train against the official Mr. T dancing hamster.

Not only does it sing “The Eye of the Tiger”, but it also squeeks Mr. T trademark insults such as “I pity the fool”, “Pain”, and “I am gonna bust you up”. Tough words from a goatee’d hamster in boxers.

If there was ever a sign that a celebrity’s career is over, the endorsement of a singing/dancing hamster would have to be it.

Mr. T CerealMr. T. Corn Cereal

Before you could Wake up with The King, Quaker Oats’ cereal made everyone excited to Wake Up with Mr. T.

I actually have vague memories of this cereal being halfway decent (my brother convinced my mom to buy this for him once). But then again, I also remember thinking Fruity Pebbles was the best invention ever, so this was probably equally horrid.

Mr. T. Cookie Jar Mr. T Cookie Jar
Huge Mr. T fans would have loved to get inside Mr. T’s head to learn what made him tick. Some kids already knew – Cookies!

Of all the Mr. T memorabilia, this has to be the scariest looking. I’d gladly meet Mr. T in a dark alley over this cookie jar!

Mr. T SlippersMr. T Fuzzy Slippers

Nothing says “Don’t mess with this Manly Man” like a pair of Mr. T fuzzy slippers. If someone doesn’t get the hint and gives you strange looks, shout a few Mr. T’isms, like “Don’t make me mad, Arrr!”

Now if you’d put the hamster inside one of these slippers, THAT would be intimidating!

And finally, thanks to Bunk Strutts for sending us this pic of Pee Wee Herman eating Mr. T cereal!
Pee Wee and Mr. T cereal
Can you get more 80’s than that?

11 Responses to “I Pity the Fool Who Doesn’t Like Mr. T”

1. on 10 Feb 2007 at 5:31 pm BOSSY

Mr T’s Special K? Bossy thinks that’s alphabet abuse.

2. on 10 Feb 2007 at 7:01 pm Nessa

Wacky stuff. Mr. T was so cool way back in the olden days.

3. on 11 Feb 2007 at 1:54 am Dafool.com

Well it’s no surprise that if there is someone who is mildly famous, let alone the likes of Mr. T, they’re bound to have their own line of merchandise. I could go for a pair of those fuzzy slippers to be honest.

4. on 11 Feb 2007 at 3:05 am Bunk Strutts

Ah pity da foo dat gots cold feets. NOW WHO GOTS MY SLIPPERS?!

(I got a .gif of PeeWee Herman eating Mr.T cereal if you want it.)

5. on 11 Feb 2007 at 4:12 am Anita Bath

Bunk – I would LOVE the gif of PeeWee eating Mr. T cereal! Too funny 😉

6. on 11 Feb 2007 at 4:26 am Don Quijote

Dirk “The Face” Benedict has just been a contestant on the British TV version of Celebrity Big Brother.

He turned up in Mr T’s van, climbed out to the A Team music and shouted “You stay in the van B.A.!”

The crowd loved it and were cheering like lunatics. But it reminded me of an episode of The Simpsons when Mark Hamill was still attending Star Wars conventions dressed as Luke Skywalker.

7. on 11 Feb 2007 at 6:29 am Jonathan

One of my friends has a keychain that shouts random Mr T quotes every time you press the buttons on it… it’s funny for the first 20 seconds…

8. on 11 Feb 2007 at 7:38 am Mika

I pity the fool, responsible that none o’ this stuff was available here in Germany!

Did you know that song “treat your mother right” by Mr. T. (try Youtube 😉

9. on 15 Feb 2007 at 5:42 pm Skully

I used to like how they would have to tranquilize him to fly. And he would say Murdock! when this thing lands, i’m gonna start wringing your neck!!!!

10. […] It Just Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This. From now on, everything you sit on feels like Mr. T. Ugh. More cool Mr. T stuff can be found on SNTC. […]

11. […] album cover find from (the late) Your Daily Awesome. More Mr.T excellence may be found here and here. Oh yeah. Here, […]