Kitty Cat Washing Machine

If you’re tired of fighting your pet during baths, there’s now a solution: the fully automatic Pet Spa. This funny contraption appears to be a cross between a washing machine and a dishwasher – just put your pet inside, add some money, and Voila! Your pet is all clean.

I cracked up at this video of the Pet Spa in action, particularly with the fitting music (you may need to double click the video until the video owner enables embedding):
(if you can’t see the video, click here)

Wait! Don’t call PETA yet! Some animals actually like the Pet Spa … or at least tolerate it a little better:
(if you can’t see the video, click here)

Has anyone seen one of these in person? I’d love to put a couple stuffed animals in one to see what happens (and videotape the reaction of the pet store owner). I wonder if there are any on the East coast?

21 Responses to “Kitty Cat Washing Machine”

1. on 25 Jan 2007 at 4:21 pm Erica

Yeah… I think that’s a pretty easy way to traumatize your little friends. Imagine being trapped in something that scares you to death and not able to get out while your “friends” watched and laughed. Not so funny… :(

2. on 25 Jan 2007 at 5:44 pm Rev. Qelqoth

I feel sorry for Erica who evidentally owns a pussy that is too retentive for the marvels of this wonderful contraption.

3. on 25 Jan 2007 at 7:18 pm Sir Lex Luthor

I would think that the cat would get really pissed and retaliate on it’s owner during the nite!

4. on 25 Jan 2007 at 10:44 pm Lonnie Hodge

Congrats on the nod for a Bloggie…

You got my vote!

Uh, few cats left here in South China…

Lonnie

5. on 26 Jan 2007 at 2:15 pm JScott

You mean the media is only getting to this NOW?
    I’ve been seeing local cable TV commercials for this for over a year for a local pet shop that’s schlepping their ‘Pet Spa’ service for your houshold pet cat or dog
    it accomodates large and small pets (altho I didn’t see it for birds or horses). Nothing new here.

6. on 26 Jan 2007 at 3:28 pm edley

i am with erica.
    this is just cruel.

7. on 26 Jan 2007 at 4:10 pm SweetBack

I wash my cat, with very low trauma simply by getting a warm saturated wash cloth and going over her body with motions that simulate licking. She’s a solid white cat, so I have to do this often she absolutely loves it.

I can not imagine sticking her in this contraption. Probably feels like being digested to them.

I would however stick my dog into this machine. Dogs will just stand there and accept the inevitable. Then realize that it wasn’t so bad.

8. on 26 Jan 2007 at 8:56 pm Scribbles

That’s an absolutely awful thing to do to a cat.

However, I think my yellow lab would enjoy it immensely. 😛

9. on 26 Jan 2007 at 9:22 pm Erica

I, in turn, feel sorry for Rev. Qelqoth who probably does not have any pets. If he (she?) does, they probably don’t treat them too well if they think this is a “wonderful” idea.

10. on 26 Jan 2007 at 9:56 pm tana

my local pet supply store has one of these and the dogs always look so sad and defeated sitting inside.

11. on 27 Jan 2007 at 2:26 am Vince

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Then again, I hate cats. 😀

12. on 28 Jan 2007 at 12:06 am Jeremy

Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard. I think it very well could traumatize my cat. I personally wouldn’t do that to my Mikan. But as sorry as I felt for the poor kitten, I couldn’t stop laughing.

13. on 28 Jan 2007 at 3:48 am julia

People that laugh at a terrified pet should not have children. Of course, the offenders are the ones with 6 kids with wet diapers and runny noses trying to find a toy amidst the Pabst cans.

Or maybe said offender is just evil.

No, wait, this is in keeping with a latent serial killer.

But I digress.

Don’t bother raising your angry little fist at me. I’m bored.

14. on 28 Jan 2007 at 4:33 pm preeety

mean (but of course that is to be expected from manly men). then again, maybe it deals with a natural righteous urge that, being nurtured, leads to great deeds of manliness, as viewed in Konzentrationslager Auschwitz and others (for more on this subject refer to HITLER, A.: Mein Kampf).

(now that was meaness at its best. HAHAHAHA)

15. on 29 Jan 2007 at 1:16 pm Dan

Tormenting an animal is evil. The people who do it are deranged sociopaths.

Sane people who tolerate, minimize, laugh about, or just silently turn away from it, are truly evil. They know better but choose to delude themselves.

16. on 31 Jan 2007 at 9:04 pm IR

Hahaha you people who think giving your pet a BATH is torment just cause its a little scared of something that is not only HARMLESS but USEFUL are the nut jobs.

Then again, I don’t like cats either, they’re disgusting and annoying.

17. on 01 Feb 2007 at 2:37 am cc

What is the name of the company that invented this pet spa and where are they located?

18. on 08 Apr 2007 at 8:24 pm winsonkoh

use this link:

19. on 11 Jun 2007 at 11:05 am Rev. Qelqoth

Yup, that pet spa thing is still fricking hilarious.

20. on 10 Nov 2007 at 5:28 pm Donna

Wow, you people are entertaining. Thanks!
    I’m a pet owner and find no reason whatsoever to bathe something that automatically cleans itself. Additionally, I laughed my ass off at the video and if I had to contribute my opinion in this argumentative blog, it would be this: stop slinging powerful words like “demented” and “sociopathic” to something a so-called tormented cat will overcome as soon as it’s fur is dry. You self-proclaimed pet activists and lovers expose animals to unpleasant procedures such as de-clawing and neutering in the name of goodness. Go after pyromaniacs with pets instead.

21. on 14 Jul 2010 at 10:36 pm caddie

i ever saw such cat washing machine in another website. here is the link: http://www.doghomespa.com
    this machine looks like could also wash dog. i dont know how about the washing effect. i wnat to purchase, but not sure about the quality. anyone who knows this website?