After reports that the new iPhone may be hard to use, Apple has decided to divert their research and development to another endeavor – the iPotty. After the buzz around the introduction of the iPhone died down, Steve Jobs was quoted as saying:

Apple needs to look for new distribution channels. Worldwide, there are only one Billion people using cell phones, which is just too small of a market for Apple to meet my sales expectations. That’s why I was ecstatic when, while stocking the pond with brown trout the other morning, the solution came to me – the iPotty!

With this speech, Jobs also released two early design concepts:

Apple iPottie

Apple iPotty

Oddly, there are toilet related iPod products already in existence. Take this iPoop for example:

iPoop iPod toilet device

Unlike the other pictures, this is actually a real product. The iPoop let’s you keep your iPod docked, charging, and connected while you’re taking care of business (pic via Future Lawyer).

Related Posts:

No results.

11 Responses to “Apple’s Next Product – The iPotty”

1. on 21 Jan 2007 at 5:02 am Joseph McCrumble

It’s doomed to failure I’m afraid. Water and electronics have never mixed very well. I anticipate a flood of litigation within days of its release, unless Jobs himself fries during beta testing.

2. on 21 Jan 2007 at 8:07 am Tricia

LOL the iPotty, very funny. I wonder if there’s a model that plays videos while you go?

Hey … guess who’s turning ONE today? Why it’s Tricia’s Musings! I’m having my very first blog party to celebrate. Want to come over and visit with the other guests? I have an ice bar set up in the ice garden, a hot tub to soak in, some good bands coming in to entertain us and the champagne’s already flowing. I’m sure someone will be dancing on the bar soon enough.

Come on over!

3. on 21 Jan 2007 at 9:05 am Chris

Trouble is, Apple would only let you use one type of tissue, sold via their iWipe store, and when it runs out, you’d have to send the whole toilet back to Apple for the roll to be changed.

Oh, the biting sarcasm… ;-)

4. on 21 Jan 2007 at 11:20 am bobbarama

Hey, Anita

Too funny! I’m enjoying your site. I love your sense of humor. I’ll be checking in every now and then to see what mischief you’re up to next.

hee hee

Bob

5. on 21 Jan 2007 at 8:20 pm Tisha

Awesome! Where do you dig this stuff up!? They’re all incredibly amusing and that iPoop grosses me out!

6. on 22 Jan 2007 at 5:56 pm sprittibee

I’m crying, I’m laughing so hard. I poop! Hahaha. I sent a photo and caption to my husband for that one. He’ll get a big kick out of that.

7. on 23 Jan 2007 at 5:27 am Azarai

roflmao, the iPottie is cool.

8. on 26 Jan 2007 at 4:36 pm Karl Harnish

At least they won’t get much compitition from Win-goes – try as they will, they will never be able to meet the 1995 National Energy Policy Act mandate of only 6 liters per flush!

9. on 30 Jan 2007 at 3:05 am chot

hi anita! sorry i forgot to put your name for reference…thanks ya! nice to knowing you..

chot
    from malaysia

10. on 17 Jan 2008 at 6:05 pm penis

awesome

11. on 01 Jun 2010 at 10:04 pm so funny

HA HAH AHHA AHAHAHAHAHHA so funnnay what is next! i barf? I eat? i sleep?