What could make a better clothing material than toilet paper? It’s cheap, easy to work with, and fits other needs in a pinch. So you have that little issue with wetness, but who needs to go outside in the rain nowadays anyway?

Hmmm … maybe that’s why they don’t toilet paper bikinis … but as you’ll see, people have tried to make just about everything else.

Evening Dress:

Toilet Paper Evening Dress

This dress was part of the “Affordable Fashions” display at Gracious Home (NYC) in 2005. Other dresses were made out of napkins, ball chain, and bubble wrap! Picture via (thanks Lisa!)

Wedding Dress:

Toilet Paper Wedding Dress

This wedding dress was created by Jaymi Horne, a runner up in the First Annual Toilet Paper Wedding Contest. If you didn’t see these back in October when the results were announced, check out the amazing dress made by the grand prize winner. (thanks to Scribal Terror for the link)

Assorted clothing:

Toilet Paper Ze Frank Contest

Back in 2001, Ze Frank held a toilet paper fashion contest. Over 100 people sent him pictures of their creations (my three favorites are shown above). See all contestants at Ze Frank (warning: some contestants should have worn a little more toilet paper).

Toilet paper tie:

Toilet Paper Tie

Apparently if you e-mail him your address, he’ll make you one. It’s scented too! From The Daily Kimchi

Canadian toilet paper fashion contest:

Student Toilet Paper Fashion Contest

This odd fashion show staged 8 young Canadian fashion designers against one another for a $2,500 grand prize from Cashmere (who is trying to market a 3-ply toilet paper). I guess the designers didn’t have to worry about running out of necessities in the bathroom!

Pictures were taken by Geoff Barrenger and can be accessed at the bottom of the article in Elle Canada.

And just for fun – a silly toilet paper dispenser hat:

Toilet Paper Hat Dispenser
via

To see part 1 of the series, scroll down or click here: Toilet Paper Artwork Part 1 – Air Vent Sculptures

11 Responses to “Toilet Paper Artwork Part 2 – Clothing”

1. on 20 Jan 2007 at 7:52 am Chris

That clothing would actually be quite practical for small children… no more ‘snail trails’ on the sleeve!

:-)

2. on 20 Jan 2007 at 9:24 am Grimm

Just out of curiosity, how would that wedding dress hold up in the rain?

I can see little Johnny throwing a bucket of water instead of rice or bubbles as they leave the chapel to try and catch a peek.

3. on 20 Jan 2007 at 9:49 am Devon

LOL where do you find this stuff?? Imagine what someone might think if a little chocolate smudged on that tie, or that dress? This stuff is the funniest non-toilet toilet related humor I’ve ever seen.

4. on 20 Jan 2007 at 3:54 pm Peety

I love the short dress..

It should be nice and soft to sit on???

Enjoy the rest of your week-end..

*hugs*

5. on 20 Jan 2007 at 4:15 pm Pendullum

I would hate to think of the disaster that would happen upon a bride on her wedding day with a bit of rain… and gives a whlenew perspective of the importance of clean underwear…

6. on 20 Jan 2007 at 8:39 pm Gdog

Hey, it’s yours truly here, Gdog from The Daily Kimchi! Yup, that tie I made was pretty sweet. Thanks for posting it. 😉

7. on 21 Jan 2007 at 8:14 am Tricia

You most definitely do have a theme going on here … LOL

I love some of the designs! They’re actually pretty good.

Hey I need a bubble wrap dress or even pantsuit, I’ve posted on my site many times asking for bubble wrap donations. If I ever get a bubble wrap donation I’m going to make my own designs. For me it will be protective wear since I’m a TOTAL klutz. I figure the only way I can walk around these days without hurting myself is if I enclose myself in a bubble or in bubblewrap.

I’ll just have to stay away from all those people who love popping bubble wrap. LOL

8. on 21 Jan 2007 at 8:15 am Tricia

Oh and the good thing about toilet paper wear would be that if you went into a washroom that didn’t have a roll you could just unwind your clothing. :)

9. on 21 Jan 2007 at 1:07 pm smidigt.se

Dassiga bröllopsklÀnningar…

First Annual Toilet Paper Wedding Contest – klÀnningar av toalettpapper.
    Say No to Crack via Neatorama.

……