Swedish ChefAs a kid, I’d sometimes wonder if there was anyone who didn’t love the Swedish Chef (other than the Swedes of course). I’d anxiously await The Muppets each week, just to see if there’d be a Swedish Chef (or Pigs in Space) segment. Most of the other stuff I didn’t understand, but the Swedish Chef broke through all language and age barriers.

Yesterday, I saw a funny photoshopped picture of the Swedish Chef while surfing around the web. Nostalgia overtook me, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share some of the pictures I found and my favorite Swedish chef video clip. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

For those of you who don’t remember or never saw the Swedish Chef, here’s one of his funnier segments:

(if you can’t see the video, click here, and if you’d like to see a huge collection of Swedish Chef videos (14 minutes in all), click here)

OK, so now for the pictures. These are all from Worth1000.com, who hosts some funny (but sometimes PG-13/R rated) photoshop contests.

Swedish Chef gets fired and goes short order:

Swedish chef goes cafe

All hail the Swedish Chef:

All hail the swedish chef

The Swedish Butcher (recognize the muppets in the frame?):

Poor kermit!

Not Swedish Chef related, but my type of humor:

Kermit on the toilet

Anyone else have any memorable Muppets moments? If you watched it regularly, who were your favorite characters?

14 Responses to “The Swedish Chef – Bork Bork Bork!”

1. on 08 Jan 2007 at 7:51 am Nessa

I took a puppetry class in college and my professor knew Jim Henson. He came one class as a guest teacher. That was fun.

2. on 08 Jan 2007 at 10:17 am Malnurtured Snay

The Swedish chef needs a frickin’ mustache-net!

3. on 08 Jan 2007 at 2:04 pm matt

Thanks to anita bath, for one year I woke up to the Swedish chef singing the song in the beginning of the clip. Thank you for bringing back the nightmare!

4. on 08 Jan 2007 at 2:35 pm Anita Bath

Come on Matt, it wasn’t that bad was it? 😉

5. on 08 Jan 2007 at 8:58 pm Mudcrab

I used to also watch the Muppets just to see the Swedish Chef and nobody else. I love him.

6. on 09 Jan 2007 at 6:41 am eLauGhs :-)

You actually “hitted” me where it “hurts”!!

LoL!

The swedish Chef was, is and will be the funniest mappet of all time (my opinion).

His “bork bork bork” moto was hillarious along with his crazy cooking process :)

Thank you so much for this wonderfull flashback.

7. on 10 Jan 2007 at 11:05 am Grimm

I have to admit, I thought I was the only Swedish Chef-head alive. I feel, so, invigorated now. Like I have joined a new fraternity.

My name is Grimm – and I like the Swedish Chef.

8. on 11 Jan 2007 at 12:54 am Cassie

OMG! I totally forgot about the Swedish Chef. Thanks for reminding me. He was awesome!

My favorite Henson creation was the Sesame Street Martians.

“Nope, nope, nope, nope!”

9. on 19 Jan 2007 at 5:39 pm Verna Wilder

I hadn’t thought of the Swedish Chef in years. Thanks for the laugh.

Not many people remember that when Sesame Street premiered, it was shown first in a 1/2 hour segment during prime time on a mainstream station so that parents could see what it was. I still remember this little clip: A cow clomps into the screen, looks at the audience, grunts, lays an egg, and clomps off. The egg gradually cracks open and a chick pops out and says, “MMMM-OOOOO!” Still cracks me up.

10. on 12 Feb 2007 at 9:03 pm Martyn

If you use Firefox for browsing there’s a great extension for converting webpages into Swedish chef speak:

Really brightens up the news sites!

11. on 18 Aug 2007 at 5:49 pm Chef Alexis

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten how much the Swedish Chef used to make me laugh. He still does…but now it’s even funnier because I’m studying to be a Chef and I have a baking class with a Swedish Chef that I really don’t like. Now, every time I’m in class I “bork bork bork” every time he speaks and it hilarious. Helps me get through… thanks for the flashback…

12. on 21 Jul 2008 at 1:16 pm Hilton

lmao, I think animal was my fav, but swedish chef was a close second, I live in sweden now and he pops into my head every now and then when I hear some one speak in a really sing song manner.

13. on 18 Feb 2010 at 12:27 pm kiefer

dont forget beaker!

14. on 22 Mar 2010 at 6:05 pm Owen

The swedish chef is funny because i laugh at him thank you