Here’s something really neat to try … go to any website, then in the Address bar copy and paste the following (to stop the effect, just type another website address into the address bar and hit enter):

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName(%22img%22); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+%22px%22; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+%22px%22}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0)

You’ll see the pictures fly all over the place in a crazy tornado vortex fashion. Some sites are awesome (Amazon’s home page is a good example). Here at Say No to Crack, you might see something like this:

Say No to Crack Vortex
(the Barbie is from a post on Barbie’s Pooping Dog Tanner, which amazingly, is a real product)

For the technically inclined (sorry Anita, I couldn’t help myself), you can change some of the javascript parameters for other neat results. If you find any sites that this trick works well on, or have modified the script and want to share your results, let us know. Appears to have originated here, found via.

6 Responses to “Amazing – Animate Pictures on any Website!”

1. on 08 Jan 2007 at 1:36 am Bryce

You know, this isn’t helping people say no to crack 😛

2. on 08 Jan 2007 at 3:04 pm Ben

Oops… You didn’t mention which browser and version..!!! It didn’t work for me..!! I’m using Firefox 2

3. on 08 Jan 2007 at 3:36 pm Anita Bath

Good catch Ben! Looks like newer versions of Opera and Firefox block some/all of these types of scripts. Even though our Ben (at Say No to Crack) claims to be a tech guy, he uses IE quite a bit.

If you try this from IE, you should see some neat results.

4. on 08 Jan 2007 at 5:32 pm Ben

Well I think, there is some trouble in copy / paste. When I tried pasting the script from source site it worked fine even in Firefox. May be its having issues with Line Breaks. Anyway, nice tip benny.. :)

5. on 09 Jan 2007 at 1:17 pm Elmost Sane

Worked in Firefox 2 for me also.

Now, if you’ll please excuse me, I must go stare at a blank, white wall for a few minutes.

6. on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:49 am ohowlecqarin

You about celebrex breathing time peter s penis. Me. Hang on my jacket to you.