By now, I’m sure almost everyone reading this has heard of Firefox (or for kids: The Little Browser that Could). You’ve probably also seen the rather boring, but ubiquitous, Firefox logo:
Firefox logo

Ho hum, a fox circling the globe. Obviously, such a boring logo and mascot would not fly in Japan, land of super-cute everything and devices such as the nose stretcher and face slimmer. So the geniuses at Firefox have decided to create a new mascot for the Japanese market … Foxkeh:
Foxkeh playing

That’s right, they’ve chosen as their mascot a Fox who has a perpetual supply of flammable gas … even when sleeping:
Foxkeh sleeping

Only the Japanese could turn a flammable farting mammal into a nationally loved mascot.

6 Responses to “Firefox’s cousin Foxkeh has a gas problem”

1. on 05 Jan 2007 at 1:43 pm Dan

You know, farting seems to be a very popular past time in Japan. I’ll never forget the first time I saw the movie “Good Morning” by one of my favorite film directors Yasujio Ozu. Within the first 30 minutes, the main boy characters fart at least, oh, 30 times (I’m probably exaggerating). And apparently Japanese audiences laughed 30 times.

2. on 05 Jan 2007 at 2:24 pm Malnurtured Snay

The Japanese have some weird habits. Don’t they sell used panties in vending machines?

3. on 05 Jan 2007 at 11:15 pm Diesel

So that’s where my used panties went.

I like the fox. He shouldn’t sleep near combustible material though.

4. on 09 Jan 2007 at 4:42 pm Mithotyn

If there is a person named Preston reading this then I win, proof that you actually click my stumbles.

I am better than you.

5. on 14 Jan 2007 at 10:33 am 3l1t3

Mithotyn,,, Who the hell is preston, and like we care about who is clicking stumbles you sent! Yes I got the stumble you sent but im not preston either!

6. on 07 Feb 2007 at 10:13 am dustbury.com

Because you mocked Hello Kitty…

This is Foxkeh, the Japanese spokescreature for Mozilla Firefox. Unlike the critter-grasping-the-globe logo used elsewhere, this Fox has a different fire entirely: Jumpin’ Jack Flash was not available for comment. (Via Miss Cellania.)……