Mark Stivers is a really funny cartoonist who primarily publishes online, but also has a book available through his website. Here are a few of his cartoons that I particularly liked, but I recommend visiting his site and checking out his many other funny cartoons as well:

Pavlov’s Dog:
Stivers - Pavlov's Dog

Construction Worker:
Stivers - Construction Worker

Hardware Store:
Stivers - Hardware Store

I think I was the last person in the world to get a cell phone, and now I’m closing in on being the last to buy an mp3 player. Maybe if I pull Mark’s loose wires trick, nobody will notice. 😉

9 Responses to “Cartoonist of the Week: Mark Stivers”

1. on 26 Dec 2006 at 7:56 pm Nessa

I’m with you. I try to forget my cell phone accidentally on purpose.

2. on 26 Dec 2006 at 8:07 pm Anita Bath

Nessa – that’s a good one. Next time someone asks if I have an mp3 player, I’ll say I accidentally on purpose left it on the shelf at Best Buy. Unfortunately work expects my phone to be on me 24×7, so I have no good excuses there.

3. on 27 Dec 2006 at 1:01 am Kumi

Haha funny! I tried doing something like the last one nearly 6 years ago. I got these earphones and stuck the end in my pocket. The teacher was like, “What in the world are you doing?” I felt so lame =_____=”

4. on 27 Dec 2006 at 3:48 am Cameron

I went to a small parochial elementary school and every year we had two “programs” where the whole school choir would perform each year. Inevitably someone from one of the upper grades (7th or 8th) would sneak their CD player in and hide it in their pocket with the headphone wire running under their shirt. Is it bad that I took “pleasure,” for lack of a better word, in their being caught?

5. on 27 Dec 2006 at 7:36 am Nessa

Anita: That would not be the job for me. My boss and I have opposing opinions on the use of phones. He’s a salesman who gives his cell phone number to EVERYONE and answers every call that comes in. Our five minute conversations take an hour because he is always answering his phone. I do not find that productive.

6. on 27 Dec 2006 at 9:35 am Mr. Fabulous

So YOU were the last person. I wondered about that…

7. on 27 Dec 2006 at 12:13 pm logoâ„¢

Oh no, honey. The last person in the world to get a cell phone was my husband, just got it two weeks ago.
    MP3 player is about another 3 years down the road around here.
    He just got caller ID, a cell phone, and a computer that isn’t 5 years old, he therefore claims to be in “technological overload”.
    The man is a Luddite I tell you, a LUDDITE!

Anyway, like the cartoons!

8. on 29 Dec 2006 at 9:35 am Paul

The last? Hardly. I don’t have a cell phone, and I hope I never get one. No offense, but usually when I see someone talking on a cell phone, I assume that they are an a**hole.

9. on 06 Feb 2010 at 6:05 pm Bonifacio Paniagua

Culture of some parts of my country, the Dominican Republic shiftly in the capital city.

Some pleople use to hang around with a toothpick in the mouth after lunch time to make other people beleave they have already eaten, although they haven´t had no even breakfast.

That´s what we call to keep the appereance.