The other week, I heard a great comedy skit on the radio that was perfect for Christmas. The title was “Let’s put Christ back in Christmas”. I believe this was on NPR (or maybe I had just switched from NPR), so I was rather surprised when these Irish folk singers started singing … here’s approximately how it started:

Let’s put Christ back in Christmas
Right back where he belongs
Let’s keep him there for all to share
and back in your favorite Christmas songs

They were very serious up until this point, and then the one singer says “so, let’s insert Jesus back into Christmas carols … Pat, how bout the first one?” … which Pat followed up by singing:

Frosty the Snowman
Was Jesus Christ’s best friend
And he stood there melting by the Cross
Until the bitter end…

At which point I almost drove off the road. They then talked for a little and sung 5 or 6 other made-up Christmas carols. The rest of them were pretty funny too (and mostly nonoffensive), but can’t remember the lyrics for the life of me. If you have heard this bit (or want to make up your own songs), pass some along. Update: I found a production version of this song on YouTube … check it out here:

(if you can’t hear the song, click here)

I’d hate to leave anyone out, so while we’re putting Christ back in Christmas, let’s also put Han back in Hanukkah!
Han back in Hanukkah!
(via lmao.us)

For all of you signing off for the weekend, have a Merry Christmas (or hope you’ve enjoyed your Hanukkah)!

7 Responses to “Let’s put Christ back in Christmas, hey!”

1. on 22 Dec 2006 at 11:47 pm Salihah

LOL!! Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard! Thank you thank you thank you for giving a laugh today!!

2. on 22 Dec 2006 at 11:58 pm Wej Amai

Hey Anita, FYI, Harrison Ford is a Swedish, Irish, German, Catholic Jew. He was once quoted as saying he feels, “Irish as a person and Jewish as an actor.” No wonder him and Spielberg got along so well.

3. on 23 Dec 2006 at 2:23 am Peety

Seasons Greetings, Anita. Wishing you all the best for 2007!

4. on 23 Dec 2006 at 4:25 am Cameron

That was great! Merry Christmas!

5. on 25 Dec 2006 at 12:42 am G

That was really very funny. Not sure what Wej Ami means above about “the getting along so well” part but I’ll say as an Irish Jew, I feel Irish when I drink and Jewish when I think. Look it rhymed, I kid.

Merry Christmas to you. I’ve seen you in Central Snark and wanted to stop by and say hello.

6. on 03 Jan 2007 at 10:21 pm MrShine

Give credit where credit is due. The artist is from the great comedian Pat Godwin and the clip is from the Bob and Tom Radio Show.

7. on 03 Dec 2010 at 1:59 am Garry

This was a comedy skit originally aired on “The Bob & Tom Show”. It’s a radio show from Indianapolis, Indiana.
    Check out their web-site @: