Wow, graffiti can be funny!

Whenever I go to cities, I am typically appalled by the amount of graffiti on buildings, sidewalks, buses, etc. Some of it is artistic, but most of it seems to be filled with anger, cursing, and genuine unoriginality. This is why I was happy to find a few examples of graffiti that I thought were pretty funny:

At least they’re truthful:
your bike is all I think about

They sure do … although I would have said “like bunnies”
starbucks breeds

To make sure someone takes a picture of your graffiti, do this:
graffiti not a photo opp

The yin and yang of the graffiti world:
you give me diarrhea

Nerd graffiti (from Tucows):
nerd graffiti

Just a cool graffiti illusion:
cool graffiti stairs
via

13 Responses to “Wow, graffiti can be funny!”

1. on 19 Dec 2006 at 4:53 pm Beth

Love it!! Especially the downloading one! :)

2. on 19 Dec 2006 at 9:28 pm wolfe

Those last two are quite clever. Indeed, I’d go so far as saying the final one is art that I’d hate to see removed! (and I hate graffiti!)

-wolfe

3. on 29 Dec 2006 at 10:32 am drunken monkey

“this is not a trendy photo opportunity” is something originally used by a guy who goes by the name Banksy.
    Go have a look.

4. […] was inspired by Anita’s clever graffiti finds, so after some searching have rustled up enough for a second entry. Not saying I support graffiti, […]

5. on 19 Sep 2007 at 8:10 am Clever Graffiti (entry 2) » WinnySpot

6. on 20 Sep 2007 at 11:12 pm beerboy

as a skateboard inthusiest and graffiti admirer i must say all this graffiti is good (espeshily the stares) but the artists are holding back. thats just me

7. on 28 Jan 2008 at 7:45 am Maria and sine

We think it is a very nice picture, very creativ. 😀

8. on 10 Apr 2008 at 5:16 pm Finella pea

Me and My budds think these graffitties kick a$$~!!!!!!!!!!! they are soo awesome , i personaly LUV the stairs one it was very dope.I don;t like the starbucks one-i just don’t get it.BYYYYEEE

9. on 17 Jul 2009 at 3:20 pm trudy

the steps are in toronto at bayveiw station i take it to skul everyday! i thought its cool when i first saw it too. there are tons all over the station. :)

10. on 27 Jul 2009 at 10:20 pm Cookie

Hey I love those!!
    It’s sad that ppl have to go and mess thngs up but spreading hate win the use of graffiti and I just think it’s awesome that some can use it in such a creative and funny way!
    All in all awesome stuff here 😀

11. on 17 Aug 2009 at 4:23 am Fazargh

Graffiti is a way of life n my way of life if u dont get it get over it

12. on 26 Mar 2010 at 7:41 pm fuze

love the graffiti art. its a way to show what you fell in a way.

13. on 14 Sep 2010 at 9:50 am pixie