We have a winner!

Our second contest, identify five pictures to win $20 to $100 is officially over, and Luke is our winner! He selected the Super Secret Mystery Prize (which we’ll announce once he gets it), so for now I’ll just show some of the funny responses to the bonus question:

• “Hey…pssst…c’mere…let me out and I’ll tell you everything I know about time travel.” – Cameron
  • “Sunkist orange advert.” – Prying1
  • “Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, Had a wife and couldn’t keep her,
    Put her in a pumpkin shell, and there he kept her very well. ” – MathMom
  • “Mr. Koolaids match.com date. ‘OH, YEAAAAAH!'” – Kendall
  • “RUUUN!! ITS HEADED RIGHT FOR US!!!! this guy lost a bet. to an orange.” – Amanda

9 Responses to “We have a winner!”

1. on 16 Dec 2006 at 4:00 am x

Luke couldn’t have won – he said #5 was golf ball when its clearly #4.

2. on 16 Dec 2006 at 12:15 pm Anita Bath

x – good catch. There were a few people who did this all at the same time, but I think this was my fault (I accidentally switched the numbers for a day around that time).

3. on 16 Dec 2006 at 9:49 pm Luke

So, what was the bonus picture?

4. on 16 Dec 2006 at 10:01 pm Anita Bath

Apparently it’s a “Tom Swift” costume. I have no idea what that means, but the photographer was happy for me to use it (thanks for the reminder, I just updated the contest with sources)

5. on 16 Dec 2006 at 10:16 pm prying1

Another fun contest. Looking forward to the next one.

6. on 16 Dec 2006 at 10:30 pm prying1

I found the link to the Tom Swift Geotron Costume. – Tom Swift books were quite popular in the first half of the last century. Kids would just laugh at them today. –

7. on 17 Dec 2006 at 12:59 am Anita Bath

Thanks prying1 for the link! I didn’t realize his costume was based off a fictional character.

8. on 17 Dec 2006 at 2:38 pm Cameron

TOM SWIFT?!!! My dad has the entire collection of Tom Swift books (he’s a motorcycle enthusiast and started his collection with “Tom Swift and His Motorcycle” and grew from there). Each of the books has some kind of new invention that he uses to complete the plot. Subsequently, I started collecting the Tom Swift Jr. series which were published in the fifties and sixties.
    Some of the more catchy titles:
    Tom Swift and His Atomic Earth Blaster
    Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter
    Tom Swift and His Repelatron Skyway and,
    Tom Swift and His Sonic Boom Trap

Also, I’m honored that one of my comments made it onto this post!!

9. on 18 Dec 2007 at 6:57 pm phelisha

can you please come up with another contest please.