Crazy Saudi road skaters

I think everyone’s imagined that they could get out of the car while it’s moving and pull some crazy stunt. You know, like surfing on the top (like Teen Wolf), jumping onto another car (like in The Matrix), or just touching your sneaker to the ground to see if it really would catch on fire from the friction (hmmm … can’t think of a movie for this one).

But I’ve never heard of trying to skate, without a skateboard, while hanging onto a car! I saw this video on YouTube a couple days ago … see what you think:

(if you can’t see the video Click here)

What’s amazing is that this video looks legit. The combination of slick, well kept, roadways (paid for by our oil money of course) and flat soled sandals must be ideal for asphalt skating / surfing at 60 miles per hour. Even so, I’ll gladly take the designated driver role and leave the surfing for the Saudis … imagine, one pothole and you’re camel fodder!

9 Responses to “Crazy Saudi road skaters”

1. on 02 Dec 2006 at 12:08 am prying1

PROOF POSITIVE THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT LIFE!

I was an idiot as a youngster/early adult but not that nuts.

It looks real to me. If it is a doctored film they did a great job of it. Shadows and all.

2. on 02 Dec 2006 at 1:15 am Anita Bath

BTW – there’s only 1 day left until the $100 contest is reduced to $20. So far there’s been 3 1/2 of 5 pictures answered correctly.

3. on 02 Dec 2006 at 1:36 am Peety

Funny..

I will have to try that..

Just need the right pair of shoes..

4. on 02 Dec 2006 at 9:36 am Nessa

People with too much money and too much time on their hands. Wackos.

5. on 03 Dec 2006 at 10:40 am Reveileba

Definitely looks valid. However, they could be going really slow (like 5-15 mph) and they could easily make it look like they are going alot faster using camera techniques. Still really cool though!

6. on 03 Dec 2006 at 10:19 pm seb

Very dangerous, obviously! I don’t know why people risk their lives for such stupid stunts, but hey, whatever, it is pretty cool.

7. on 06 Dec 2006 at 11:08 am Douglas V. Gibbs

I don’t know what to say – I sure as heck wouldn’t be doing something like that. Prying1 is right, just another example of their considerations regarding their own lives. Hey, at least they are skating on asphalt at 60 mph rather than walking into embassies with bomb belts on. Maybe the idea will catch on and they will all start living recklessly and kill off the bad eggs. Just a thought.

8. on 03 Jan 2007 at 5:31 am Cassandra

You guys show there disregard for life. Do you know how many dumb Americans there are that do stuff way dumber than that Hell we pay them to do it. Ever heard of Jackass? Jackass! Get over yourself. You not all of the people in Saudi are killers just think if they judged us bye your comments know wonder people want the US gone if you are an example of US breeding we are doomed!

9. on 06 Mar 2007 at 9:02 pm mdtman

People just want to have fun. Very nice.
    brought smile otherwise to another #@#$@# day.