Taiwan Toilet Restaurant

Have you ever been sitting in a restaurant and wondered: “Gee, why do they place toilets in a separate room?” Or … when taking time away from dinner to dispose of some hazardous waste, have you thought: “I’d much rather eat in here, how homey!” Well, if you are among the 3 non-institutionalized people who have thought this, now there’s a restaurant for you:

toilet restaurant 1

Yes, those are toilets IN the restaurant. Bowls are also shaped like toilets, dessert dishes like bidets/urinals, and dessert itself is … well, let’s just say it’s shaped like something you wouldn’t want to leave in the goat feeder for long. Apparently Japan doesn’t hold a monopoly on Asian zaniness. Here’s a few other pictures:

Showers on the wall? They didn’t miss a detail::
toilet restaurant 2

Toilet bowl ice cream, hmmm …
toilet restaurant 3

Hopefully they cleaned the sinks first
toilet restaurant 4

Apparently the first Taiwanese Toilet Bowl Rrestaurant was so popular that they opened a second one … who knows, maybe this will become the next big global franchise. 10 years from now, instead of visiting the Golden Arches, you might just be stopping into the Poo Poo Palace! πŸ˜‰

14 Responses to “Taiwan Toilet Restaurant”

1. on 30 Nov 2006 at 10:23 pm Pavel

Hi!

Love your blog!!! I think I’ll spend some time here. (smile)

I put up an entry about this restaurant a few months ago because I thought, yuck! Not ONE comment thought it was a good place to eat. I don’t think I care what the food tastes like!

Pavel

2. on 01 Dec 2006 at 7:09 am Ahva Rahn

This looks about as appetizing as Dim Sum served in a used sock, but then each to their own. So many restaurants trying different décor to woo the customer – Eh, whatever happened to good food? That usually brings the customer back. On the other hand, Hard Rock Cafes are a similar example; I am not fond of the food and think it sucks to high heaven, but I guess the T-shirts will get me through the door, at least once perhaps.
    -p.

3. on 01 Dec 2006 at 10:45 am Dan

Are you %#$%ing me?

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist! πŸ˜‰

4. on 01 Dec 2006 at 2:23 pm seb

OMG!!! Hahahaha, that’s sooo funny. Makes me think of Marcel Duchamp’s art piece, do you know about this piece? It was a urinal!!! It’s worth like millions of dollars now!

5. on 01 Dec 2006 at 8:44 pm Haddock

Hope the food doesn’t taste crap! :)

6. on 01 Dec 2006 at 8:47 pm thewatchlist

Denny’s should install that seating. It would take a little risk out of ordering their grand slam’s and skillet meals.

7. on 01 Dec 2006 at 8:59 pm Nessa

I wish I could remember where it is, but there is a restaurant where the restrooms have glass doors so you can see into them from the restaurant. Lovely, huh?

8. on 02 Dec 2006 at 12:56 am prying1

As THE Toilet Master (see previous contest and I have the prize to prove it) I want to know why I’m not getting any residuals from this joint???

Seems to me they owe me big time!

WHERE’S MY LAWYER??? I’LL SUE!!!

9. on 02 Dec 2006 at 1:34 am Peety

MMM You just made me hungry πŸ˜€

Wishing you a wonderful week-end *hugs*

10. on 02 Dec 2006 at 11:26 am Eliza

I honestly don’t think I could eat anything coming from a toilet bowl….I dont’ care if it is ice cream. lol. Interesting Idea, just don’t think I’d go in there.

11. on 05 Dec 2006 at 10:06 am Misfit Duck

That is actually quiet funny. I think I would go there just say I went…

hmm…yeah….

12. on 10 Apr 2007 at 1:16 pm Kitty

ewww…..When I saw the picture on Google I almost lost my dinner…Very interesting and a good Idea…only thing is…I wouldn’t eat chocolate ice cream from a dish that looks like a loo.

13. on 07 May 2007 at 1:58 am Wee Keat

Weirdest thing I’ve seen. I seriously don’t think I’ll be having a meal there. :)

14. on 18 Oct 2010 at 11:45 am Joly

Are you kiiiidding me. The food must taste shit, and what kind of people go and eat amongst shit. They must be deranged. Euuuurk!!!