Time for this week’s Random Question:
If you could have any single thing in the world (whether physical or not), what would it be and why?

Answers from a materialistic, spiritual, political, or any other perspective are all welcome … just leave a comment below (and keep it to one thing … e.g. it’s cheating to say “I want a magic genie that would give me infinite wishes”).

For me: I’d want time … more time to spend with the family, more time for starting a business, more time to play the piano, more time to just relax, and more time to sleep. I think I was meant to live in a world with 40 hour days.

Ooohhh … or I’d want a Spinach Pizza from Gino’s East in Chicago.

I’m looking forward to your response! :)

17 Responses to “If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?”

1. on 29 Nov 2006 at 4:33 pm Oscar

I would like the ability to stay on task, i.e. it would be GRAND if I were working on my 15 page research paper due tomorrow instead of typing in this lovely comment box. LOL

2. on 29 Nov 2006 at 9:17 pm Nam Elbisivni

I would want to be able to toggle between invisibility and visibility whenever I want. Think of the possibilities…Government Spying, hiding in my boss’s office, women’s locker rooms…

3. on 30 Nov 2006 at 1:14 am linkskywalker

You know that time one sounds pretty good to me. Everything else I want in this world, I can work for and wait for as long as I want. Unfortunately, this whole ‘mortality’ thing means the longer I wait, the less time I get.

Yeah, immortality would rawk.

4. on 30 Nov 2006 at 9:25 am Arun

I’d love to be able to fly.
    Can I get two wishes? I’d like a library too :)

5. on 30 Nov 2006 at 10:33 am Rob

An oil refinery because with the money I’d produce I could make investments in anything else I might desire later in life.

6. on 30 Nov 2006 at 2:06 pm Jean-Luc Picard

Surely a long, happy contented life is what we all want?

7. on 30 Nov 2006 at 7:31 pm Haha

I would like to make it to the Singularity and upload my consciousness!

8. on 30 Nov 2006 at 10:18 pm Luke

The gift of flight. That is one thing I’ve always wanted. That or to be able to shred on guitar, cause that would rock too.

9. on 01 Dec 2006 at 2:25 pm seb

I want world domination. So I can be as evil as I want to be and on a truly grand scale. No, that’s too simple.

This is my real response: I want a happy family.

10. on 01 Dec 2006 at 9:03 pm Nessa

I would like to be independantly wealthy (that’s not the same as a magic genie, is it?)

11. on 02 Dec 2006 at 7:53 am eriu

Mr Darcy! ๐Ÿ˜€

12. on 04 Dec 2006 at 3:36 am sanitybreak

Hmm, interesting thing to consider.

On a serious note, probably to expand my mind, to seriously use both left and right sides of my brain. The potential is incredible and scary since I believe we use less than 10 percent of our brain.

Plus I always feel as if I am thinking through a wet blanket at times.

Damn Waterbed….

On a more selfish thought, I would love to fly also, but ducking seagulls and geese would be a pain. I also wouldn’t relish ending up in the Enquirer under UFO spotted.

The ability to breathe underwater would be a good one, as long as with that came the ability to withstand the crushing forces in the deep sea, this one would be great. To be able to explore the deep seas, farther underneath than anyone has ever gone, to see what no one in the world has seen.

Yeah, I think I like the last one best.

Now, when you people go to the beach quit peeing in the ocean will ya!!!! I’m tryin’ to breathe here!

13. on 06 Jan 2007 at 4:56 pm DoVeRsAcE

Healthy life would be my first choice and if i were to add another one it would for sure be the ability to freeze time, think of all the things you could do, try anything you want , get all the money you want and even save alot of lifes for example , some one in a burning house , stop time , get them out and there ya go ! So theres my opinion ๐Ÿ˜›

14. on 18 Jan 2007 at 1:49 pm poopy mcpooppoop

i wish i could poop gold

15. on 04 May 2007 at 4:12 pm Chuck

Omnipotence. To be all-powerful. Then, I can do/explore/see whatever I want. Omnipotence is one thing- not like a genie…

16. on 04 May 2007 at 4:33 pm floydlandis

A blow job.

17. on 05 May 2007 at 12:25 am libRLmeh

OK, I was scrolling down the page after having read the blurb about the Toilet Bowl restaurant and just briefly scanned this topic and explaination. Considering I’d just read about the Poo Poo Palace in Taiwan, and I am currently half-watching Fred Thompson giving a stump speech on C-SPAN, and what I thought I read was “If you could EAT anything in the world, what would it be?”, and below that was “Answers from a materialistic, spiritual, political, or any other perspective are all welcome รขโ‚ฌยฆ just leave a comment below”…

…my knee-jerk response was “I want to eat the national debt!!!” Seems to me that we’re already choking on it anyways, may as well face the plate and take a big bite :o@

Ok, probably wouldn’t of gone there if ol’ Fred weren’t talking about cutting taxes at a time when we’re so far in the red.