Ready for some reader participation? Leave your answer to the following question as a comment: What did you eat for dinner tonight (or last night if you’re reading this before dinner), and what would you have rather eaten?

To start off, here’s what I had for dinner tonight (pic thanks to tspauld):
qdoba sign
Qdoba is fast food Mexican. My theory is that Qdoba puts a highly addictive but marginally legal substance in their chicken burritos … the food isn’t anything special, but this unnamed additive makes you want to come back repeatedly. There’s a whole group of us at work who go there almost every day and always say it’s the last time, but can’t stop ourselves the day after.

And here’s what I really wanted to be eating (pic thanks to hale_popoki):
qdoba
OK, maybe not pizza in the shape of a cat, but some type of big greasy pepperoni pizza. A domestic draft and some onion rings on the side would have been simply perfect. Unfortunately for my cravings, Qdoba is quick, cheap, and only 100 yards from my office. Oh well, I can dream. :)

Maybe each week we’ll post some type of random question to mix things up … what do you think?

29 Responses to “Random Question of the Week: What did you eat for Dinner?”

1. on 07 Nov 2006 at 8:40 pm Gary

I had goulash… and I love the pizza picture :)

2. on 07 Nov 2006 at 8:43 pm Louise Barton

I had radiator pasta with a cream sauce, and snow peas. What I really wanted was my mother’s cooking- whatever she was making tonight. (comfort foods, all of them….)

3. on 07 Nov 2006 at 8:55 pm carrie

last night i had homemade beef stew and it was v. good. so i am satisfied with that. some red wine would have been nice.

4. on 07 Nov 2006 at 9:13 pm Luke

I had Chicken and noodles, smothered in Grey Poupon.

I wanted a madly greasy cheese steak from the newly opened pizza shop down the street. Oh, well.

5. on 07 Nov 2006 at 9:57 pm Barb

Well, my husband just got home from work a little while ago. He’s the cook, so we haven’t eaten yet. I’ll come back with an update, promise! 😉

6. on 07 Nov 2006 at 10:47 pm Roxanne

My son and I had broccoli (“brocki” as he would say it – he’s 21 months), hot dogs and a banana, washed down with milk. Sort of healthy and sort of nasty, but hits the major food groups. I really wanted a big bowl of Ben and Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with a blondie brownie, hold the healthy food. Mmmm………

7. on 07 Nov 2006 at 11:06 pm Barb

Frozen chicken strips and pre-made mashed potatoes. They were good, though!

8. on 07 Nov 2006 at 11:42 pm prying1

Day Old Cold Pizza on the way to vote. Filling but not newtrishious in any way shape or form..
    I’d rather have had the Tri-Tip Steak I heard about on a restaurant radio ad on the way home…

9. on 08 Nov 2006 at 12:26 am Miss Cellania

I had bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, and grits at a diner. With coffee. It was good, but I would have preferred Mom’s lasagna. Neither she nor I want to put in the time required for that!

10. on 08 Nov 2006 at 12:29 am Anita Bath

Everyone’s dinners sound so good! I certainly wouldn’t mind having bacon, eggs, hash browns, etc. Yummm…

Much better than the waffles I had.

11. on 08 Nov 2006 at 4:39 am Kunstemaecker

I could eat pizza everyday.

Btw, the unknown additive in food that makes you want to eat more is simply grease.

12. on 08 Nov 2006 at 5:51 am oScar

I had a Crunch Wrap from good ol’ Taco Bell. I have a feeling they must use the same addictive additive that Quodoba uses. LOL

13. on 08 Nov 2006 at 10:32 am pamela

leftover chinese takeout- 2 potstickers and mongolian beef

14. on 08 Nov 2006 at 11:20 am bettygram

I had bread with raisons. would like to have pizza Trying to lose weight.Dr John does not like pizza

15. on 08 Nov 2006 at 11:23 am team gingerbread

I was still at work for dinner, so I had a Quarter pounder with cheese meal from McDonald’s, not too healthy, but I was really hungover and far too lazy to cook something for myself

16. on 08 Nov 2006 at 11:44 am Em

Ola

That pizza looks cute!

17. on 08 Nov 2006 at 12:51 pm Margie

Sounds like a great idea. (Reader’s participation.)

We had pizza because it was my daughter’s “Hayday” last night, but I surely would have rather had dinner at a Japanese Steak House.

or maybe at Dr. John’s? Especially when he serves those Saffron Buns for dessert.

18. on 08 Nov 2006 at 1:47 pm Chana

i had pork chops and mash potatoes and rice and guess what i am having for lunch, left overs, yumm…i love pork chops and mash potatoes and rice, lol..dr. John sent me here, you are one of his marathon links..have a good one.

19. on 08 Nov 2006 at 2:36 pm m

I had a most satisfying peanut butter & raspberry jam on potato bread, with a large glass of raw milk…hadn’t shopped, didn’t feel like ordering in…mighty fine indeed.

20. on 08 Nov 2006 at 3:57 pm Kristin

Last night I had almond chicken, rice and broccoli with a Starbucks mocha for dessert. I would rather have had a big bag of Pick up Stix cream cheese wantons.

Dr Johns sent me.

I love your random questions. Fascinating.

21. on 08 Nov 2006 at 4:00 pm seb

I had lentils mixed with sausage. Kinda boring, but it’s good! Oh, and some water.

22. on 08 Nov 2006 at 4:49 pm Chris

QDoba is very addictive, to the point that I’m not sure if that’s cilantro they put in the rice. I eat there way too often, but it’s so good. And cheap for the portions you get.

23. on 08 Nov 2006 at 6:31 pm Kelly

I had mashed potatoes and green beans (skipped the salisbury steak!) I would much rather have had homemade tortillas, mom’s shredded beef, and refried beans!

24. on 08 Nov 2006 at 6:37 pm jan

I had cream of mushroom soup in a sour dough bread bowl. I would have rather had a big ole T-bone steak rare with sour cream!

Dr. John says hi.

25. on 08 Nov 2006 at 7:08 pm ANO

We had chicken covered in a cream of chicken sauce, rice and string beans!

26. on 08 Nov 2006 at 10:35 pm Jen

Pasta!

27. on 08 Nov 2006 at 10:35 pm Stacy

Stroganoff tonight, but now that you mention it, a pizza sounds pretty good.
    Here from Dr. John’s.

28. on 08 Nov 2006 at 10:53 pm BOSS

I made steak fajitas. They were ok. But the beef tacos I made last night were better.

29. on 08 Nov 2006 at 11:22 pm Babs

I’m hoping to get free Pizza Slut for life after the investigative work I did for them!