Over the years, we’ve seen some really bad halloween costumes. Many bad ones seem to be homemade – either the result of being in a hurry (ugly toilet paper mummies, bed sheet ghosts, pillow case human tampons) or of a hopefully momentary lack of judgement (nazi guard, giant sized costume, kkk member). I’m sure you’ve all seen these costumes and thought: “what were they thinking?

You have to give them some credit though – at least they made something on their own, and probably were just trying to be funny. But what about all the bad costumes that were actually bought?

Without further ado, here’s our top 10 worst store-bought costumes of 2006 – all of these can be purchased online or in stores. If you don’t believe me, click any picture to see a store that sells the costume (as you have probably guessed, we suggest you NOT purchase any of these products … we simply provide the link as evidence).

10. Milk Carton Head
Do you or your kids get jealous of all the facetime enjoyed by missing children on the side of milk cartons? Too lazy to cut a hole in a large jug of milk from the store? Lucky for you, costume manufacturers now provide this service for the bargain price of $21.99 (reward not included for finding your child after (s)he hides in embarassment).
9. Human Big Mac
Prove that you are what you eat with this monstrous double cheeseburger. Slimming design hides all your imperfections behind it’s two all foam patties, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun (sorry, special sauce not included). As if it isn’t embarassing enough just to wear a giant cheeseburger, this costume actually turns you into a super sized advertisement for McDonald’s (it has BIG MAC printed all over it).
8. White Trash
To help sell the product, the merchant claims “A white trash can and lid send the white trash message, subliminally but with a direct hit! Add a fake puff puff cigarette, and your own undergarments for a great halloween costume.” Maybe the writers didn’t realize what subliminal meant. It’s like someone saying they’re going to send you a subliminal message to express their anger, then punching you in the stomach. Regardless, you’ll be adept at reading subliminal messages such as ‘lame-o’ if you decide to wear this outfit.
7. Baby woopie cushion
Pictures of a teen boy dressed in a woopie cushion have been floating around the web for a couple weeks, but now the makers of the teen-sized woopie have pushed the limits of woopie cushion technology by adding a baby-sized woopie to their assortment. Some of the baby woopies come with their own sound effects. Don’t worry though … even if you can’t find the latest battery powered baby woopie, we’re sure you’ll still get surprising noises if you accidentally sit on a baby dressed in one of these.
6. Osama Bin Laden
Dress your kid as Bin Laden and hold a neighborhood manhunt … find a good hiding spot for months of hide-and-seek fun. Various sites sell anything from a Bin Laden mask to a complete outfit with turban and realistic gun. Next year’s outfit: a lifesize plush Kim Jong Il with nuclear attache case.
5. The human toilet
Not only will your child be the center of attention in his wearable toilet, but he’ll be the goto guy for TP’ing homes after dark on Halloween (what a great image – your son dressed as a 5 foot tall commode throwing toilet paper in neighbors’ trees). Not only that, but the costume store suggests: “Additionally, a Child toilet costume is perfect for every potty mouth kid–Use as a modern day Dunce cap!!”. Hmmm … maybe they’re onto something … mandatory toilet wearing instead of detention could be the secret to decreasing school violence – why didn’t I think of that!
4. Child Playboy Bunny
What ever happened to little princess and witch outfits? The number of “adult” costumes available for little girls this year is rather surprising. Unless you’re Hugh Heffner and are surrounded by only women for 24 hours a day, or you actually want your little girl to show up on the side of a milk carton, it should be pretty obvious why she shouldn’t be the ‘Bunny Honey Child’ this Halloween.
3. Runny Butt
OK, this is just wrong. It comes with a hand pump connected to the latex buns, and when you squeeze the pump … well, let’s just say it delivers on its name. Guaranteed to draw a colorful crowd. We’re surprised they don’t recommend that it not be used indoors.
2. Almost any pet costume
Don’t worry, Fido won’t feel left out if he doesn’t get a halloween outfit. Pet costumes are even more ridiculous than those worn by their owners. And yes, that is a Yoda Dog tunic … click here for some other bizarre/funny pet costumes.
1. Poo Poo Platter
Yes, it really is as bad as it sounds. You or your kids are sure to be a hit at your neighborhood halloween party when you show up as a large bum brownie on a plate. For some reason it also comes with chopsticks – we don’t dare asking why. To round out the costume, you take along a can or two of traditional fart spray.

Finally, we thought we’d show you our vote for one of the more creative costumes of the year:

Have you seen other really bad costumes? Comment and let us know!
Also … want to get funny stuff from Say No to Crack every day, either in your e-mail or newsreader? Subscribe (it’s free) in the upper right part of the page.

32 Responses to “Top 10 worst halloween costumes of 2006”

1. on 20 Oct 2006 at 3:15 am Dan Leone

I have never been a fan of halloween and one year, in protest, I wore a belt with all my spare watches wrapped around the belt. When people asked what my costume was, I said “A waste of time.”

That was pretty pathetic.

2. on 20 Oct 2006 at 11:28 am People in the Sun

Guilty!

I put a pumpkin coat on my dog. Wait, you said “ALMOST any pet costume,” so I guess I’m still okay?

Maybe not. But he’s a Pit Bull so it makes him look harmless for one day a year.

3. on 20 Oct 2006 at 3:24 pm ryan

HUH, all the potty humor ones are good though. :)

4. on 20 Oct 2006 at 5:12 pm Pinoy Stupid

Man, those a reaaaaaally terrible costumes.

5. on 20 Oct 2006 at 5:53 pm Jake L

This site is pretty funny. Check out the Asteroids one towards the bottom -how corny! http://www.retrocrush.com/costumes/

6. on 20 Oct 2006 at 6:34 pm Tricia

My sister once dressed up as a used tampon. Now that was disgusting!

7. on 20 Oct 2006 at 7:57 pm Boss

Top Ten Worst Ways to get candy Trick or Treating

10. Say “Hi! Can we come in?”
    9. Ask “Got any Tayyab?”
    8. Say “Give me all you got and nobody will get hurt!”
    7. Say “Um, our kid is home sick, can he have some candy?”
    6. Ask “Got anything with razorblades or arsenic in it?”
    5. Dressing up like Richard from Survivor.
    4. Ask “Got any high fiber candy?”
    3. Breast-feeding your baby standing behind your other little one Trick or Treating.
    2. Flirting with hot mommas while your son Trick or Treats.
    1. Any event involving poo, a paper bag, and a lighter.

These were all original content from the Boss himself.

8. on 25 Oct 2006 at 5:49 pm Madie

thank god! my best friend wants me to be a whoopie cushion with her for halloween, and now i can show her this and convince her that being a whoopie cushion is not the best of ideas. i have been saved.

9. on 25 Oct 2006 at 6:57 pm Bill

That’s the spirit Dan Leone….anyways, that runny butt one has got to be one of the grossest things of all time. Those dog costumes are freakin hilarious!

10. on 25 Oct 2006 at 6:58 pm Josh

Poo Poo Platter comes with chopsticks because it’s a common Chinese dish. It’s spelled the same way too. I’ve never dared to eat it.

11. on 25 Oct 2006 at 7:33 pm Anita Bath

Thanks Josh – wow, I didn’t even think of that. Hopefully the Chinese dish looks a little better … I’ve only seen it on the menu.

12. on 26 Oct 2006 at 12:00 am sn

I dressed up my cat once :) Yeah its stupid but it makes ya laugh

13. on 26 Oct 2006 at 1:41 am koda

im planning on going as a seal holding a “bloddy baby doll” with one flipper, and a “bloody” club with the other, kind of as a personal protest for clubbing baby seals….

14. on 26 Oct 2006 at 2:06 am Harry Ballzonyah

I want to go as a giant butt hole…and my friends tell me I wont even need a costume!!

15. on 26 Oct 2006 at 4:18 am ZMAN

Put a chair on my head and went out as used gum.

16. on 26 Oct 2006 at 7:23 am Bo

Funny Halloween idea: I went to college with a girl who wore her sorority shirt with an egg carton tied on the top of her head. She was :

“eggs over easy”

17. on 27 Oct 2006 at 5:02 pm secret weapon

I AM going as Kim Jong Il… I’m buying a khaki outfit at work n gear, wearing my dansko clogs, and making my hair buffount like elvis in the front – buying some white square sunglasses at target, and poking the lenses out. My husband is going as the Tyepodong missle. It is going to HI-LARIOUS!

18. on 29 Oct 2006 at 5:34 pm ellie

lol… my roommate tried talking me into the milk carton one. but i stuck with my original plan of being a pixie warrior. i love the kim jong il idea!!! that is amazing.

19. on 01 Nov 2006 at 7:59 pm pnasty

Went to a halloween party last night. I saw someone dressed up as the crocodile hunter with a stinger in his chest. He was also carrying around a stuffed sting ray.

Thats gotta’ make the list of the worst costumes.

P

20. on 02 Nov 2006 at 8:33 am trasher

Wouldn’t the trash can look more natural sprayed silver???
    You might get used though, so not a good idea.
    And why not being creative and drill a few holes in a real trashcan… much more authentic….

By the way, dit you know that trashcans make great percussion instruments?

21. on 08 Nov 2006 at 5:03 pm Fart Face Joe

I like the mlk carton idea. All for only $21.99!!

22. on 08 Feb 2007 at 1:43 pm Andy

Haha, some of those were hillarious, i’m not sure i’d wear them though!

23. on 18 Apr 2007 at 4:09 pm Marija

uhh used tampon? that’s sick XO

24. on 08 Oct 2007 at 9:32 am anti-trasher

To trasher who said the trash would look better silver….I think you missed the joke entirely…it’s supposed to be “White Trash”. Get it?

25. on 29 Oct 2007 at 5:22 pm Sarah

I am going to school in my PJs. My mom calls it “The lazy teen who would not get out of bed. I am not sure I should where a robe,slipper,green face mask, curlers or not.

26. on 29 Aug 2008 at 6:23 pm Halloween Costumes

There is always so much information here in your blog, thank you!

27. on 29 Aug 2008 at 6:30 pm Halloween Costumes

Thanks for such a great read! I always enjoy reading your blog.

28. on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:54 am tigermom

Once, my husband went as a bricklayer and I went as the brick

29. on 03 Sep 2009 at 11:58 am Halloween Costumes

Some funny stuff. I also like the page from retrocrush. Here is another costume site for those that want more funny theme this Halloween

30. on 29 Sep 2009 at 9:38 am michele

lol i dress my pitbull up as michael vick last year…

31. on 02 Oct 2009 at 5:05 pm Missy

Wow those are pretty awful LOL But I like the wasted time one! I laughed SO hard!

32. on 18 Oct 2009 at 3:36 pm Liora

I’m in the medical field. Heard of someone wearing GI camouflage pants…aka “lower GI”